Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Exchange Email Client for Linux Post 302872871 by Bashar on Sunday 10th of November 2013 10:48:34 AM
Old 11-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by binary-ninja

FYI I've tried Thunderbird and it just sucks.
any idea why ThunderBird sucks?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Mail Client & MS Exchange

Is it possible to configure the Solairs (2.6) mail client to get it's email from an MS Exchange server ? If so can soemone point me in the right direction. Thanx :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianf
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email using Exchange as SMTP

Hi. I have a Tru64 Unix V5.1 server that I would like to send emails using an exchange server we have on the same network as the smtp of this machine. What are the requirements/configuration that I need to do in order to make this possible. We are planning on emailing error messages and such from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidodido
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Send email from solaris to exchange

Can i send e-mail from solaris to exchange?How can i configure the solaris?thks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jowvid
1 Replies

4. AIX

aix email integration with exchange

Hi All, I realized now that the root email is integrated with exchange. All the email of root is now being sent also to the aliases of aixadmin or to my email. I would like to know how is AIX integrated to exchange. What would be modified on AIX? Probably modify these files: /etc/hosts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to ldap, send email to a ou or group, and see a list from email client

hi, i'm running openldap on ubuntu 10.04, creating new items with apache directory studio (windows version). i use the ldap just as an address book to our small office (email clients are windows live mail 2009, 2011, microsoft outlook 2007 and 2010). a. i cant see a list of the contacts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: V4705
0 Replies

6. AIX

Enable send email through smtp - exchange on AIX 6.1

Please help, i can not to send email from AIX 6.1 to outside network through STMP - Exchange. Any one can help ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ichsan
1 Replies

7. Linux

MS Exchange from linux client

I haven't seen many updates so im here to ask my fellow *nix users if they have found a way or have atleast heard anything about GUI Mail Client that can access mail from a MS Exchange server. I know that Evolution stopped worked up until Exchange 2003 but not for 2007 or 2010. It doesn't seem... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
4 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

email from *nix to Exchange - text formatting issue

Oracle Linux 5.6 x-86-64 (Red Hat derivitive) I have several shell scripts that capture output to a log file, then use that log file as the source of an email. For a very simplified example: echo Today is `date` >> $logfile /bin/mail -s "$subject" "$sendto" < $logfile (yes, $subject... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simplest way to access Linux system mail from email client

I'm not a Linux newbie but this seemed like a pretty n00b question. I am familiar with Postfix/Dovecot setups but now I am looking for the simplest way to access mail on a Linux system, such as the mail that goes to /var/mail/root. I know I can edit /etc/aliases and have the system mail go straight... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TayKimchi
6 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)