Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Lpr send to print a4 format and print letter format Post 302870933 by dcastellini on Tuesday 5th of November 2013 08:24:16 AM
Old 11-05-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgt
If the printer supports postscript, you might try using pdf2ps first, then sending the postscript file to the printer.
Hi jgt, how are you?, but i wanna print the PDF, because it has a Barcode.

I modified the ppd, to A4 format, but the printed paper has a letter format.

I don't know why, i dont have any ideas SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print current month - 1 in string format

I need to get the current month -1 in string format, like Feb-2006. I am using k shell. Any help is appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogli4
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print log file in column format using awk

Hi Friends, I have a log file as below siteid = HYD spc = 100 rset = RS_D_M siteid = DEL spc = 200 rset = RS_K_L siteid = DEL2 spc = 210 rset = RS_D_M Now I need a output like column wise as below. siteid SPC rset HYD 100 RS_D_M (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl ...... how to print the output in a proper format

Hi Guys, my $cmd = "ls -l"; #........ {or let it be as # my $cmd= "ls"; } my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); $ssh->login($user, $pass); my($stdout, $stderr, $exit) = $ssh->cmd("$cmd"); print $stdout; the script works fine, but i am unable to see the output getting displayed in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to print lines contains particular string format in a file

Hi, I want to print the lines in a file that matches particular string format using shell scripting. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK print and retain original format

I have a file with very specific column spacing formatting, I wish to do the following: awk '{print $1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $6, $19-$7, $20-$8, $21-$9, $10, $11, $12}' merge.pdb > vector.pdb but the format gets ruined. I have tried with print -f but to no avail.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special format for numeric print out

Hi, I know this must be very simple and stupid question but I could not find a proper answer anywhere else, My script generates numeric values in the following format 3.01234567891E+03 I use %.11E in printf formatting, but I need to list my numbers as 0.30123456789E+04 basicly I... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from text file;format and print output

Hi Following is the assumed input... Symmetrix ID : 12345 Originator Port wwn : 123456789 User-generated Name : 123456789/123456789 Sym Dev Dir:P LUN ------ ----- ----------------------- ---- --- ---- ---- ---- ------- 1234 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy.san
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print the line from the file in the desired format:?

I am reading a file of Linux ( like mentioned below) & the data is represented in a single line like mentioned below: 11/03 4:00 39992 0.098 5.195 0.034 0.001 1.091 182 0.000 0 0.071 4.252 0.033 0.001 666.53 Now i want to print the result in other file something like this :- 39992... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anamica
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not sure how to describe it but how to format this list so that it print the 1st field once only

Hi, Not sure how to describe the problem. But basically, I have this file listing here app01_app.test.com.ph|PROGRAM=SQL Developer|HOST=AKL0TS100|USER=Admtest01|HOST=10.111.12.23| app02_app.test.com.ph|PROGRAM=D:\interface\apps\bin32\batch.exe|HOST=AKL0TS100|USER=Admtest09|HOST=10.111.12.35|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert rows to column and print output in required format

Hi All, i am trying to print the solaris 11 packages in below required format, But i am unable to do that. Current ouput : root@abc# pkginfo -l | egrep '(BASEDIR|NAME|VERSION)' | awk '{print}' NAME: QLogic 570x/571x Gigabit Ethernet Driver VERSION: 11.11,REV=2009.11.11 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
7 Replies
GSinterface(1)						      General Commands Manual						    GSinterface(1)

NAME
GSinterface - LP interface script for using ghostscript under lpsched SYNOPSIS
GSinterface [request-id] [user] [title] [copies] [options] [files] DESCRIPTION
This shell script is intended to be uses as an LP interface script on Solaris 2.6 and later systems. It allows print queues to be config- ured under LP using Ghostscript to render for the printer. Configuration under lpsched is performed via the lpadmin(1M) command. # lpadmin -p printer -v /dev/... -I"postscript,pdf" -Tunknown -i /usr/sfw/share/ghostscript/interfaces/GSinterface -o GS_DEVICE=(gs-device-type) [-o OutputFile=(file/device)] [-o PAPERSIZE=(size)] [-o RESOLUTION=XxY] [-o banner-type=(ascii|postscript)] [-o GS_OPTIONS="-sIjsServer=... -sIjsParams=..."] Valid values for the GS_DEVICE setting can be obtained from Ghostscript by running: "gs -h". This will dump a variety of information about Ghostscript's usage and compile time configuration. The "Available devices:" section lists the formats that Ghostscript will render to. You will need to match one of these formats to the format that your printer takes as input. EXAMPLES
To configure a Canon Bublejet 800c (NeWSprinter CL+) printer connected to an ECP parallel port: # lpadmin -p printer -v /dev/ecpp0 -I"postscript,pdf" -Tunknown -i /usr/sfw/share/ghostscript/interfaces/GSinterface -o GS_DEVICE=bjc800 # accept printer # enable printer To configure an HP DeskJet 990 printer connected via a USB interface using IJS support: # lpadmin -p printer -v /dev/usb/lp1 -I"postscript,pdf" -Tunknown -i /usr/sfw/share/ghostscript/interfaces/GSinterface -o GS_DEVICE=ijs -o GS_OPTIONS="-sIjsServer=hpijs -sDeviceManufacturer=HEWLETT-PACKARD -sDeviceModel='DESKJET 990' -DIjsUseOutputFD" # accept printer # enable printer SEE ALSO
gs(1) Ghostscript 15 October 2002 GSinterface(1)