Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Newby: How to actually update software?! Post 302868779 by Corona688 on Monday 28th of October 2013 06:39:11 PM
Old 10-28-2013
It may be available through an alternate server.

Worst case, if you do have to build it yourself, keep a list of everything it installs should you need to rm it at a later date.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for a newby

I am new to using nawk. When I put the following line in script file test1.awk I get the results: { print NR, length($0),NF} >nawk -f test1.awk head.txt 1 63 5 2 2622 188 3 2166 155 4 3192 228 5 2679 192 ..... but if I modify the test1.awk file to look like this: BEGIN {FS = ","}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: placroix1
2 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Software Update reporting script

I need a script that gets the output of softwareupdate -al on each machine (the list of available updates) and reports how many updates are needed in total by all the machines on the network, and the results to 4 different recipients. i.e. total patches required = 12 hostname1 =4 patch(es)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

3. SuSE

update package/software questions

Hi, In SUSE linux, it looks like that I can update the package using YAST or install the package from source. So, which way works better? Also, if i install the package of new version. Do i need to remove/delete the old version package, or I just need to change my environments and keep the old... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jianma
0 Replies
lpq(1)								    Apple Inc.								    lpq(1)

NAME
lpq - show printer queue status SYNOPSIS
lpq [ -E ] [ -U username ] [ -h server[:port] ] [ -P destination[/instance] ] [ -a ] [ -l ] [ +interval ] DESCRIPTION
lpq shows the current print queue status on the named printer. Jobs queued on the default destination will be shown if no printer or class is specified on the command-line. The +interval option allows you to continuously report the jobs in the queue until the queue is empty; the list of jobs is shown once every interval seconds. OPTIONS
lpq supports the following options: -E Forces encryption when connecting to the server. -P destination[/instance] Specifies an alternate printer or class name. -U username Specifies an alternate username. -a Reports jobs on all printers. -h server[:port] Specifies an alternate server. -l Requests a more verbose (long) reporting format. SEE ALSO
cancel(1), lp(1), lpr(1), lprm(1), lpstat(1), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 by Apple Inc. 16 June 2008 CUPS lpq(1)