Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk script to parse SQL from Pro*C program Post 302868639 by Akshay Hegde on Monday 28th of October 2013 11:45:22 AM
Old 10-28-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvalonso
Hello,

I have a Pro*C program which contains SQL sentences, such as:

Pro*C sentences
/*SQL 1*/
EXEC SQL SELECT t1.field1, t1.field2
INTO :w_field
FROM TABLE1 t1, TABLE1 t2
WHERE t1.field1 = t2.field1
AND t1.ID = :wl_id;
Pro*C sentences
/*SQL 1*/
EXEC SQL SELECT t3.field1, t4.field2
INTO :w_field
FROM TABLE1 t3, TABLE1 t4
WHERE t3.field1 = t4.field1
AND t3.ID = :wl_id;
Pro*C sentences

and I would like to parse just the SELECT (this I know how), but get only the list of tables involved the queries.
Can anyone help me do that?
Thanks in advance.
Marina.
After 22 posts you should know codetag. use code tag first and show o/p expected

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pro*c program for sql query

Hi all, I have sql query as follows. Please write a pro*c program for the following query. select sp1.cost_change ||','|| sp1.cost_change_desc ||','|| sp1.reason ||','|| to_char(sp1.active_date,'DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS') ||','|| sp1.status ||','|| sp1.cost_change_origin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: user71408
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PRo*C program for SQL queries using threading concept

Hi All, I have written 4 SQL queries. I want to write PRO*C program for this. I want to put these 4 queries in a single PR*C program using threading concept. Please guide me to write the pogram. the queries are as follows. 1. select * from head; 2. select * from details; 3. delete from head... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: user71408
0 Replies

3. Programming

problem with sql command in pro*c

In a pro*C program, I use query follow: INSERT INTO radacct_wk SELECT (select psid from cscterminfo where cscterminfo.TELNO = username), nasipaddress, acctstarttime, acctstoptime, acctsessiontime, acctinputoctets, acctoutputoctets, acctterminatecause, framedipaddress FROM radacct@DBSV_B;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: quynhtrang
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to parse results from TWO files

I am trying to parse two files and get data that does not match in one of the columns ( column 3 in my case ) Data for two files are as follows A.txt ===== abc 10 5 0 1 16 xyz 16 1 1 0 18 efg 30 8 0 2 40 ijk 22 2 0 1 25 B.txt ===== abc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: roger67
6 Replies

5. Programming

Do pro*c program need to recompile

hi, I have pro*c program running on sunsolaris 5.9.Currently the same program has been migrated to solaris 5.10.But the program is not giving the desired output.Do i need to recomplie the source code again. Regards, Megh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to parse text file into sql commands

Hello all, I tried searching for something similiar before posting but couldn't come up with anything that fit what I need. In Linux, I'm trying to parse through a number of files and take the info in them and put it into mysql. My file is a dump from an expect script: ---filename... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamanjam
3 Replies

7. Programming

Sql Procedure in Pro C file

Hi, Can any one help me how to write a sql procedure in a pro *c file for selecting the data from a database and inserting the rows into a queue in a .pc file. thanx in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhon1257
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK script to parse a data in a file

Hi Unix gurus.. I have a file which has below data, It has several MQ Queue statistics; QueueName= 'TEST1' CreateDate= '2009-10-30' CreateTime= '13.45.40' QueueType= Predefined QueueDefinitionType= Local QMinDepth= 0 QMaxDepth= 0 QueueName= 'TEST2' CreateDate= '2009-10-30'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dd_psg
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Script to parse a XML tag

I have an XML tag like this: <property name="agent" value="/var/tmp/root/eclipse" /> Is there way using awk that i can get the value from the above tag. So the output should be: /var/tmp/root/eclipse Help will be appreciated. Regards, Adi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
6 Replies
SELECT 
INTO(7) SQL Commands SELECT INTO(7) NAME
SELECT INTO - create a new table from the results of a query SYNOPSIS
SELECT [ ALL | DISTINCT [ ON ( expression [, ...] ) ] ] * | expression [ AS output_name ] [, ...] INTO [ TEMPORARY | TEMP ] [ TABLE ] new_table [ FROM from_item [, ...] ] [ WHERE condition ] [ GROUP BY expression [, ...] ] [ HAVING condition [, ...] ] [ { UNION | INTERSECT | EXCEPT } [ ALL ] select ] [ ORDER BY expression [ ASC | DESC | USING operator ] [, ...] ] [ LIMIT { count | ALL } ] [ OFFSET start ] [ FOR UPDATE [ OF tablename [, ...] ] ] INPUTS TEMPORARY TEMP If specified, the table is created as a temporary table. Refer to CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] for details. new_table The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table to be created. All other inputs are described in detail for SELECT [select(7)]. OUTPUTS Refer to CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] and SELECT [select(7)] for a summary of possible output messages. DESCRIPTION
SELECT INTO creates a new table and fills it with data computed by a query. The data is not returned to the client, as it is with a normal SELECT. The new table's columns have the names and data types associated with the output columns of the SELECT. Note: CREATE TABLE AS [create_table_as(7)] is functionally equivalent to SELECT INTO. CREATE TABLE AS is the recommended syntax, since SELECT INTO is not standard. In fact, this form of SELECT INTO is not available in PL/pgSQL or ecpg(1), because they interpret the INTO clause differently. COMPATIBILITY
SQL92 uses SELECT ... INTO to represent selecting values into scalar variables of a host program, rather than creating a new table. This indeed is the usage found in PL/pgSQL and ecpg(1). The PostgreSQL usage of SELECT INTO to represent table creation is historical. It's best to use CREATE TABLE AS for this purpose in new code. (CREATE TABLE AS isn't standard either, but it's less likely to cause confu- sion.) SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 SELECT INTO(7)