Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to avoid locks while loading database through UNIX script.? Post 302862567 by gnnsprapa on Friday 11th of October 2013 03:40:01 AM
Old 10-11-2013
How to avoid locks while loading database through UNIX script.?

Hi,

I have the following requirement:

I have load_cdr as main scriptwhich loads all the file records into vertica database through unix script. But there are two files which try to update same table..n thats y my script is getting failed...

Can any1 give me some logic how to over come this error..i need to lock the table if one file is getting loaded( i guess this is be default as when ever we apply update automatically it locks the table) and then if any other file try to update that same table..instead of fail attempt that second file should waut until first file gets loaded completely...

i need to inherit these changes in my load_cdr main script...can any1 provide input on this..Smilie

Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting dump from database by UNIX script

can i make a dump to happen from my script in a databse.and download that dump. I want to schedule a script i cron so that i will make a dump and download that inot my server. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loading values into a MYSQL database

Where to start? Ok, I need to pick up a Worldpay exchange rates file from a url such as: https://select.worldpay.com/wcc/info?op=rates&instId=12345&op=rates-today the http response returns a exchange rates file with content-type "text/plain" content as below: #Exchange rates for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshelluser
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is uses of unix shell script in database projects

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how will i connect postgres database from unix shell script

I have got the solution so just closing this issue. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script for loading a data from a file into database

Hi All, I am trying to load a data from a files in a particular directory to a database.. cd $SCC isql metdb >> ${LOGDATA}/LOAD.LOG < ! load from "${LDATA}/${FORM}.ld" insert into $LOADTABLE ! But it's showing the error "syntax error at line 46 : `<<' unmatched" Can u plz help me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajesh_955
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database Connection test in unix Script

i have a unix script that gives me the sysdate from the database EDNAMID.WORLD.What i want my script to do the following 1) Establish a database connection 2) if database connection is successfull then echo the message "Connected" 3) put the o/p of the Sql query in a spool file 4) then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

data is seen as NULL after loading into database

hello, when I load a data from text file all the values become NULL in the table. Please help me with this problem. Thanks sheen (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheen
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with loading data from DB2 database to CSV file

Hi everyone!! I need help regarding this. How can we load data from DB2 Database tables into a Comma Separated File? I also have another Question? Using Shell scripting, Is it easy to read Data from a table or from a text file? It is very urgent for me. Please help me out guys. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss3944
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to report database home in unix

Hello: I am trying to build a ksh shell script which would summarize space occupied by "product" directory under /u*/app/oracle and summarize and report the total size occupied by it in one server. Environment is this... HP UNIX 11i Korn Shell some thing like ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sam1974
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script for removing the footer from the datafile while loading into externaltable using sqlload

Hi, Can you please tell me the Unix shell script for removing footer from the datafile while loading into external table using sqlloader we will be skipping the header like this while creating the table organization external ( type oracle_loader default directory directoryname... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
5 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD