Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Strange isuse with shared storage in Solaris 10 Post 302860503 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 6th of October 2013 01:27:02 PM
Old 10-06-2013
You can't... For work like this a ditributed filesystem (NFS) should be used.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris 10 strange df output

hi, in solaris 10 SUN SPARC V245 server the following df -h output is showing . can i reuse the following disk space by deleting them /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/libc_psr/libc_psr_hwcap1.so.1 20G 5.2G 14G 27% /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/libc_psr.so.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani.madiraju
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Shared Storage Array is DEGRADED

Hi, On my X4200 Galaxy cluster, when i plugged out the both cables of Controller A (connected to Node 1 and Node2) , status of registered array became "Degraded". After plugging -in the cables , i should get the status of array as "OK" but i am not getting the status OK. I am using CAM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaksharma
2 Replies

3. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Strange df output on solaris 9

Hi all, After deleting some large log files on solaris 9 machine I can see strange df output shows below /dev/vx/dsk/rootvol 45G 16384E 50G 39879076698694% / I thought it will back to normal once I restart it but did not. I have seen in sunsolve article 6362734 that "Solaris 8... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekar333
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Strange thing with solaris ls on nfs shared directory

I shared from linux server a dir with nfs3,solaris mount ok,and can tar files,but if i do ls or cp.. on mnt i have mount the nfs share root@solaris: mnt $ touch 2 root@solaris: mnt $ ls -lh ls: can't read ACL on .: Permission denied root@solaris: mnt $ ls 1.tar 2 root@solaris: mnt $ cp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Strange value in poolstat or Solaris

I have Solaris-10 (Update-9) Sparc server. I am noticing some strange behavior on poolstat output. As per below output, size is 64. Though load is very less for pool_OAG, it should be less ideally. It seems like it is not releasing resource, it seems ? root@pdrtop01:/# poolstat -r pset id pool ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies
nfssec(5)																 nfssec(5)

NAME
nfssec - overview of NFS security modes The mount_nfs(1M) and share_nfs(1M) commands each provide a way to specify the security mode to be used on an NFS file system through the sec=mode option. mode can be sys, dh, krb5, krb5i, krb5p, or none. These security modes can also be added to the automount maps. Note that mount_nfs(1M) and automount(1M) do not support sec=none at this time. mount_nfs(1M) allows you to specify a single security mode; share_nfs(1M) allows you to specify multiple modes (or none). With multiple modes, an NFS client can choose any of the modes in the list. The sec=mode option on the share_nfs(1M) command line establishes the security mode of NFS servers. If the NFS connection uses the NFS Ver- sion 3 protocol, the NFS clients must query the server for the appropriate mode to use. If the NFS connection uses the NFS Version 2 proto- col, then the NFS client uses the default security mode, which is currently sys. NFS clients may force the use of a specific security mode by specifying the sec=mode option on the command line. However, if the file system on the server is not shared with that security mode, the client may be denied access. If the NFS client wants to authenticate the NFS server using a particular (stronger) security mode, the client wants to specify the secu- rity mode to be used, even if the connection uses the NFS Version 3 protocol. This guarantees that an attacker masquerading as the server does not compromise the client. The NFS security modes are described below. Of these, the krb5, krb5i, krb5p modes use the Kerberos V5 protocol for authenticating and pro- tecting the shared filesystems. Before these can be used, the system must be configured to be part of a Kerberos realm. See SEAM(5). sys Use AUTH_SYS authentication. The user's UNIX user-id and group-ids are passed in the clear on the network, unauthenticated by the NFS server. This is the simplest security method and requires no additional administration. It is the default used by Solaris NFS Version 2 clients and Solaris NFS servers. dh Use a Diffie-Hellman public key system (AUTH_DES, which is referred to as AUTH_DH in the forthcoming Internet RFC). krb5 Use Kerberos V5 protocol to authenticate users before granting access to the shared filesystem. krb5i Use Kerberos V5 authentication with integrity checking (checksums) to verify that the data has not been tampered with. krb5p User Kerberos V5 authentication, integrity checksums, and privacy protection (encryption) on the shared filesystem. This provides the most secure filesystem sharing, as all traffic is encrypted. It should be noted that performance might suffer on some systems when using krb5p, depending on the computational intensity of the encryption algorithm and the amount of data being transferred. none Use null authentication (AUTH_NONE). NFS clients using AUTH_NONE have no identity and are mapped to the anonymous user nobody by NFS servers. A client using a security mode other than the one with which a Solaris NFS server shares the file system has its security mode mapped to AUTH_NONE. In this case, if the file system is shared with sec=none, users from the client are mapped to the anonymous user. The NFS security mode none is supported by share_nfs(1M), but not by mount_nfs(1M) or automount(1M). /etc/nfssec.conf NFS security service configuration file See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWnfscr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ automount(1M), mount_nfs(1M), share_nfs(1M), rpc_clnt_auth(3NSL), secure_rpc(3NSL), nfssec.conf(4), attributes(5) /etc/nfssec.conf lists the NFS security services. Do not edit this file. It is not intended to be user-configurable. 13 Apr 2005 nfssec(5)