Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to run ksh script in bash shell? Post 302860191 by Don Cragun on Saturday 5th of October 2013 02:33:00 AM
Old 10-05-2013
Show us the ksh script and the exact diagnostic messages it prints when you run it using bash.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run error ksh: not found

Hi All, I am trying to run a script to FTP files from one UNIX server to another UNIX server. Actually I can able to FTP file successfully by manually or paste whole script at prompt. But when I am trying to run script it is giving error. Please let me know the cause. #!/bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nz80qy
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Correct me to run a sh file in ksh shell!

Hi all! I wrote a file named as rman_backup.sh, and this is contents #!/bin/ksh ORACLE_SID=VNP;export ORACLE_SID echo $ORACLE_SID echo "Please Specify the kind of backup you want to take" echo "1) LEVEL 0 VNP" echo "2) LEVEL 1 VNP" echo "3) EXPORT BACKUP" echo "Enter your option" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make your bash script run on a machine with csh and bash

hi, i have a script that runs on bash and would like to run it on a machine that has csh and bash. the default setting on that machine is csh. i dont want to change my code to run it with a csh shell. is there any way i can run the script (written in bash) on this machine? in other words is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

General Q: how to run/schedule a php script from cron jobs maybe via bash from shell?

Status quo is, within a web application, which is coded completely in php (not by me, I dont know php), I have to fill out several fields, and execute it manually by clicking the "go" button in my browser, several times a day. Thats because: The script itself pulls data (textfiles) from a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tcl script wont run in bash shell

Hello I'm having a problem running a TCL script in my new OpenSolaris OS. When I go to the directory containing my script called 'Install' (using the gnome terminal), it doesn't seem to be able to find it even though it lists it i.e. if I type "Inst" and hit tab to complete the word, it... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbsbg
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOW to run a bash-code in a c-shell script ??

Is there a way to run some code in a C-shell script by different shell, like bash? I have that situation. I have prepared and perfectly workable bash-skript that now I have to execute under C-shell script, divide it on steps and without creating a new files (with the bash-code parts.) For... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a bash script in csh shell?

Hi how to execute a bash script in csh shell? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubinovito
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script in a backgroun - ksh

i ran the below in ksh... nohup <script> & it is runnign in background. now how do i see if the above command is success... i also need to bring the command to foreground and view the run details. pls advise how to do that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billpeter3010
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a bash or shell script run as daemon?

Say i have a simple example: root@server # cat /root/scripts/test.sh while sleep 5 do echo "how are u mate" >> /root/scripts/test.log done root@server # Instead of using rc.local to start or another script to check status, I would like make it as daemon, where i can do the following: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
2 Replies
ptree(1)																  ptree(1)

NAME
ptree - print process trees SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/ptree [-a] [-c] [-z zone] [pid | user] ... ptree prints the process trees containing the specified pids or users, with child processes indented from their respective parent pro- cesses. An argument of all digits is taken to be a process-id, otherwise it is assumed to be a user login name. The default is all pro- cesses. The following options are supported: -a All. Print all processes, including children of process 0. -c Contracts. Print process contract memberships in addition to parent-child relationships. See process(4). This option implies the -a option. -z zone Zones. Print only processes in the specified zone. Each zone ID can be specified as either a zone name or a numerical zone ID. This option is only useful when executed in the global zone. The following operands are supported: pid Process-id or a list of process-ids. ptree also accepts /proc/nnn as a process-id, so the shell expansion /proc/* can be used to specify all processes in the system. user Username or list of usernames. Processes whose effective user IDs match those given are displayed. Example 1: Using ptree The following example prints the process tree (including children of process 0) for processes which match the command name ssh: $ ptree -a `pgrep ssh` 1 /sbin/init 100909 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569150 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569157 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569159 -ksh 569171 bash 569173 /bin/ksh 569193 bash The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. non-zero An error has occurred. /proc/* process files See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The human readable output is Unstable. The options are Evolving. gcore(1), ldd(1), pargs(1), pgrep(1), pkill(1), plimit(1), pmap(1), preap(1), proc(1), ps(1), ppgsz(1), pwd(1), rlogin(1), time(1), truss(1), wait(1), fcntl(2), fstat(2), setuid(2), dlopen(3C), signal.h(3HEAD), core(4), proc(4), process(4), attributes(5), zones(5) 11 Oct 2005 ptree(1)