Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Difference between exit, bye and quit in sftp Post 302857731 by Subbeh on Friday 27th of September 2013 04:07:36 AM
Old 09-27-2013
According to the man pages, they all do exactly the same

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sftp hanging on exit

Hi, I am doing a sftp from solaris 2.8 box to windows XP box. I am able to transfer the files successfully from the windows box to Solaris box (that is only I need). Problem arises when I try to exit/quit from the sftp session. sftp gets hung and I have to kill the telnet session by closing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: max29583
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit codes in SFTP

HI All, I have created a unix script which takes 2 parameters and using sftp tranfers files to remote location following is the script #!/bin/ksh # # # Parameter 1 is the complete path of the destination server # Parameter 2 is the complete path of the file which is to be FTP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikramsnest
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference b/t the exit codes $* and $@

I know that the exit codes in scripting "$*" will returns all the parameters/arguments passwd to the script. But I also know that "$@" will also returns the same. What is the difference between those two ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

4. Programming

difference between exit() and _exit()

By using exit() and _exit() we can terminate a program. What is the:confused: difference between these two ??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lipun4u
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl how to exit a while loop and quit reading the input file

I am reading a file using While loop while <FILE> { $_ = <FILE>; process data... } I would like to quit reading the file once I encounter a String pattern. How do i do it. is it if (/SUMMARY/) { last; } I am having problems with uninitialized value in pattern... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subhap
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to quit or exit from WMToggle

I want directly to move from WMToggle to bash, which command to type? Now I need to type 3 times, :q! etc. any help? its very annoying to time something 3 times continuously :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c_lady
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need the difference between exit 1 & exit 7

Hi In one of the script I am seeing some thing like exit 7,exit 1,exit 2,exit 3,exit 9,exit6.What is the difference between all of this exit.Can anyone help here please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp hanging at exit

Hi All I was trying to execute below sftp command. echo "cd /${CUST_ID}/inbound/${SAFET_ID}" > $BATCHFILE echo "put ${SOURCE_FILE} ${FILE_NAME}" >> $BATCHFILE echo "exit" >> $BATCHFILE cmd="sftp -o port=2022 -b $BATCHFILE user@$SERVER" $cmd >> $LOGFILE 2>&1 if 2>>$LOGFILE then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
3 Replies
DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)						     Debhelper						     DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)

NAME
       dh_installmanpages - old-style man page installer (deprecated)

SYNOPSIS
       dh_installmanpages [debhelperoptions] [file...]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_installmanpages is a debhelper program that is responsible for automatically installing man pages into usr/share/man/ in package build
       directories.

This is a DWIM-style program, with an interface unlike the rest of debhelper. It is deprecated, and you are encouraged to use
       dh_installman(1) instead.

dh_installmanpages scans the current directory and all subdirectories for filenames that look like man pages. (Note that only real files
       are looked at; symlinks are ignored.) It uses file(1) to verify that the files are in the correct format. Then, based on the files'
       extensions, it installs them into the correct man directory.

All filenames specified as parameters will be skipped by dh_installmanpages.  This is useful if by default it installs some man pages that
       you do not want to be installed.

After the man page installation step, dh_installmanpages will check to see if any of the man pages are .so links. If so, it changes them to
       symlinks.

OPTIONS
       file ...
	   Do not install these files as man pages, even if they look like valid man pages.

BUGS
       dh_installmanpages will install the man pages it finds into all packages you tell it to act on, since it can't tell what package the man
       pages belong in. This is almost never what you really want (use -p to work around this, or use the much better dh_installman(1) program
       instead).

Files ending in .man will be ignored.

Files specified as parameters that contain spaces in their filenames will not be processed properly.

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10						     DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)