Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need script to cut string from a filename Post 302854709 by sv0081493 on Wednesday 18th of September 2013 06:10:44 AM
Old 09-18-2013
Need script to cut string from a filename

Hi,

I need a script which do below

Code:

I have a filename: TEST2013_09_17_XX_XX_XX.csv

Now script should create a new file with name: XX_XX_XX.csv

Or I should say i need the output as XX_XX_XX.csv

Please help. Mant thanks in advance

Last edited by sv0081493; 09-18-2013 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: Some more modifications

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script: Cut / (slash) character in string

I have a string "\/scratch\/databases\". I want to have a new string "\/scratch\/databases" by cutting last '\' character using shell script. I can't do this Please help me. Thanks in advance ThuongTranVN (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThuongTranVN
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is LS a fixed length? I want to use cut -c#-# to isolate filename.

-rw-r--r-- 1 fxpbftp fusion 368 Jun 10 08:34 FX_1.11840235236594E12.111234236809956 If I have a long list of files that look like this (they al begni with FX_1.#######.####) Sometimes, there may be less numbers or more in the filename, that varies. I wish to isolate just the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to cut filename in LINUX ksh

Hi, I need to cut filename in Linux ksh. for example file name is c_xxxx_cp_200908175035.zip. I need to get variable with only c_xxxx_cp value. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: juliyp
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut out string in bash script

Hi all, I'm trying to extract string from variable in BASH. That's probably trivial for grep but I couldn't figure it out. I want to get name, there's sometimes digit after it, but it should be left out. STRING=http://name5.domain.com:8000/file.dat Could someone help me with that? Any... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cootue
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut filename extension

I need a small script (sh) to remove in a variable the filename extension. Example: f = "testfile.txt" and I need a $a with "testfile". Some one a idea? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Essbaumer
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the some part in filename

Hi All, I have the file & name is "/a/b/c/d/e/xyz.dat" I need "/a/b/c/d/e/" from the above file name. I tryning with echo and awk. But it not come. Please help me in this regard. Thanks & Regards, Dathu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdathu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT!!! bash script to sort files into folder according to a string in the filename

Hi all. I am very new to linux scripting and i have a task i can only solve with a script. I need to sort files base on the date string in their filenames and create a folder using the same date string then move the files to their respective folders. Scenario: Folder Path:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ace47
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to sort files into folder according to a string in the filename

Hi all. I am very new to linux scripting and i have a task i can only solve with a script. I need to sort files base on the date string in their filenames and create a folder using the same date string then move the files to their respective folders. Scenario: Folder Path:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ace47
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed! - Cut characters after a text string and append to end of filename

Hi all.. I have several unique files that contain one thing in common, and that is acct#. For all files in the directory, I want to append the 10 characters following the word "ACCOUNT:" to the end of the filename. for example: I have file 111_123 that contains ACCOUNT:ABC1234567 The file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cinderella1
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut the filename

Hi , I've the following file names and i need the part of the file name The files are like below FN_DATE_TODAY_20010178654321.txt FN_DATE_LASTDAY_19990178654321.txt and i need to cut the filenames like below FN_DATE_TODAY FN_DATE_LASTDAY How can i achieve that Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
5 Replies
SIEVESHELL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SIEVESHELL(1)

NAME
sieveshell - remotely manipulate sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
sieveshell [--user=user] [--authname=authname] [--realm=realm] [--password=password] [--exec=script] [--execfile=file] server[:port] sieveshell --help DESCRIPTION
sieveshell allows users to manipulate their scripts on a remote server. It works via MANAGESIEVE, a work in progress. The following commands are recognized: list list scripts on server. put <filename> upload script to server. get <name> [<filename>] get script. if no filename display to stdout delete <name> delete script. activate <name> activate script. deactivate deactivate all scripts. OPTIONS
-u user, --user=user The authorization name to request; by default, derived from the authentication credentials. -a authname, --authname=authname The user to use for authentication (defaults to current user). -r realm, --realm=realm The realm to attempt authentication in. -p password, --password=password The password to use when authenticating to server. Note that this parameter can be seen in the process list. Use with caution! -e script, --exec=script Instead of working interactively, run commands from script, and exit when done. -f file, --execfile=file Instead of working interactively, run commands from file file and exit when done. REFERENCES
[MANAGESIEVE] Martin, T.; "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts", draft-ietf-managesieve-03.txt, Mirapoint, Inc.; May 2001, work in progress. AUTHOR
Tim Martin <tmartin@mirapoint.com>, and the rest of the Cyrus team <cyrus-bugs@andrew.cmu.edu>. perl v5.14.2 2014-06-03 SIEVESHELL(1)