Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Error connecting to repo server Post 302850675 by cjashu on Thursday 5th of September 2013 10:40:34 AM
Old 09-05-2013
Thanks Scott,

it was a firewall issue. Figured it out .

Thanks again for the help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to SUN server from PC

I have old SUN server on my desk. I know it worked before. I want to be able to connect to server from my PC. Just to establish a dump terminal. 1. I connected to power socket 2. I Have a cable that fits in (i believe is a com ports there are A B slots the same I plugged it in A). They are... (33 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
33 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting my server to comcast

Hi, I just setup a server running centos 4 that I am going to use for a mail server. I setup NAT in my router to open up the smtp port and i assigned the server a static ip address using ifconfig. Now is there a step im missing because now i cant route out of the server or ping anything? Oh btw... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting other server using ssh!

Hi All, Here i am having a problem in my script....:) i have one script which will connect from my linux box to antoher linux box.. let say...currently i am in 55.23.621.123 and i want to connect to another box which is 55.23.621.118 as we know we can connect using ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Connecting to a remote server

Hi, I have an interesting problem. I cannot connect to a personal server I set up. What's interesting is that I can connect to it from the LAN using its non-local IP address. However, I cannot seem to connect to it from anywhere else. Here's how my server is set up: My entire home has a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Altay_H
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to other server thru ftp

Hi, Can someone help me on how to ftp to UNIX server from an another UNIX Server. I tried the follwoing but it is not working. ftp -n 10.10.0.1 quote user usrname quote pass passwd ls Though ftp is starting it is not allowing me run command..... it is asking to Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
5 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Error while connecting to MySQl Server 5.1.34 on UNIX platform.

Hi, I have MySQL 5.1.34 installed on Solaris and Linux machine. MySQl installed Solaris Machine - A.A.A.A Remote Machine - B.B.B.B I have user in mysql.user as below: | user | password | host |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_27
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Windows Server

Hi, One of the folders in UNIX is mapped with a drive on Windows.From this UNIX machine I want to connect to the Windows Server, perform some checks and view the results back on the UNIX machine. For e.g. if I touch a file under the shared folder on UNIX, I should be able to telnet to Windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Ftp: SSL_connect error while connecting from source to destination server Solaris 10

Hi Everyone, I am using solaris 10.I am facing a different problem here with tlsftp.I have intalled all steps for tlsftp and able to connect to the destination server from the source server.It worked for some days.But recently when i am connectin it is giving below error.I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring EPEL repo and setting it as default repo.

I am using RHEL 6, but with no RHN subscription. I tried installing the EPEL repo, it is enabled under yum repolist but when I try a sample search such as yum search nginx , there's a string of errno 14 PYCURL error 6 . When I tried yum list installed, it didn't work because it defaults to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error when connecting to remote server to find files with timestamp today's day

I am connecting to remote server and try to check if files with timestamp as Today's day are on the directory. Below is my code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly; Today=`date +%Y%m%d`; if ;then echo "We... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies
FIREWALL-APPLET(1)						  firewall-applet						FIREWALL-APPLET(1)

NAME
firewall-applet - firewalld applet SYNOPSIS
firewall-applet [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
firewall-applet is a tray applet for firewalld. OPTIONS
firewall-applet does not support any special options. The only options that can be used are the general options that Gtk uses for Gtk application initialization. For more information on these options, please have a look at the runtime documentation for Gtk. The following options are supported: -h, --help Prints a short help text and exists. GSETTINGS
firewall-applet has additional settings to adapt the look and feel. The used backend depends on the distribution and can be either dconf or GConf. The path to the settings is org.fedoraproject.FirewallApplet. You can use dconf-editor or gconf-editor to see and modify them. The following settings are supported: notifications The applet shows notifications if enabled. This setting can be enabled also in the applet with the "Enable Notifications" checkbox in the right mouse menu. This setting defaults to false. If notifications are shown for these actions if enabled: o Connection to firewalld established o Connection to firewalld lost o Firewall has been reloaded o Default zone has been changed o Panic mode has been enabled or disabled o Activation, deactivation or change of zones bound to interfaces o Activation, deactivation or change of zones bound to sources addresses show-inactive Show applet also if firewalld is not running. If firewalld has been stopped or is not running the applet will be hidden and not visible in the applet tray. Enable this setting to see the applet all the time for example to be sure that the firewall is active. This setting defaults to false. shields-up The shields-up zone name to be used if shields-up is enabled. This setting defaults to 'block'. shields-down The shields-down zone name to be used if shields-up has been deactivated again. This setting defaults to 'public'. blink If enabled, the applet icon blinks in these cases: o Connection to firewalld lost o Panic mode has been enabled or disabled This setting defaults to false. blink-count The number of blinks if blink is enabled. This setting defaults to 5. SEE ALSO
firewall-applet(1), firewalld(1), firewall-cmd(1), firewall-config(1), firewalld.conf(5), firewalld.direct(5), firewalld.icmptype(5), firewalld.lockdown-whitelist(5), firewall-offline-cmd(1), firewalld.richlanguage(5), firewalld.service(5), firewalld.zone(5), firewalld.zones(5) NOTES
firewalld home page at fedorahosted.org: http://fedorahosted.org/firewalld/ More documentation with examples: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD AUTHORS
Thomas Woerner <twoerner@redhat.com> Developer Jiri Popelka <jpopelka@redhat.com> Developer firewalld 0.3.9 FIREWALL-APPLET(1)