Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Save output in text C++
Top Forums Programming Save output in text C++ Post 302850203 by bigearsbilly on Wednesday 4th of September 2013 06:26:43 AM
Old 09-04-2013
yeah you should use one or the other, iostream or stdio and not mix and match, ideally.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

terminal output - save to file?

I have a window open on my ultra 10 - a terminal window connecting to a server. Is there any way I can log all output to this window to a log file on my ultra 10 ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Save TCL Procedure Output

Hello Friend, In TCL i wrote a procedure as power, accepting two arguments and it was saved as a file named TCLProc.tcl. Now from unix, using shell script i want to run this procedure power,the output of this procedure should be saved in a text file.How can i do this.Please help me as early... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gjsaravanan
1 Replies

3. AIX

topas -P save output

hi i have server monitor script which totally depends upon the output of TOP which works fine on HP. now i am told to put same script on aix i found that topas -P produces same output but it doesnt redirect output to file i have to kill/terminate it. is there any other way to this. as the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command display output on console and simultaneously save the command and its output

Hi folks, Please advise which command/command line shall I run; 1) to display the command and its output on console 2) simultaneous to save the command and its output on a file I tried tee command as follows; $ ps aux | grep mysql | tee /path/to/output.txt It displayed the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save cURL verbose output to file or do it like browser "save as.."

hi there ! i have exactly the same problem like this guy here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/127668-getting-curl-output-verbose-file.html i am not able to save the curl verbose output.. the sollution in this thread (redirecting stderr to a file) does not work for me.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crabmeat
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output in a variable

Hi, I have a 3rd party tool on Solaris 8. I am running it thorugh my script but I am not able to capture its output into a variable. Like, I tried, but did not work. output=`/usr/bin/myTool` echo $output Also, I tried saving in a file but when I run, output is always shown on the... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can save output?

I make shell script by use "if" statement, what should add it to shell script save which I enter it in output file txt? ---------- Post updated at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:59 AM ---------- I mean like this echo "enter your name" read name # now i when start... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Oman_Member
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to save the 'nmon' output to a text file with a script?

Hi all, I want to do an Unix Script to save the 'nmon' output on a text file and I don't know how to do it. I need a Script for each monitoring and also one to multiple monitorings. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Javi1990
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save value from output of Corestat and save in a list for each core

I am trying to modify the "corestat v1.1" code which is in Perl.The typical output of this code is below: Core Utilization CoreId %Usr %Sys %Total ------ ----- ----- ------ 5 4.91 0.01 4.92 6 0.06 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run sql query in shell script and output data save as delimited text

I want to run sql query in shell script and output data save as delimited text (delimited text would be comma) Code: SPOOL_FILE=/pgedw/dan.txt SQL=/pgedw/dan.sql sqlplus -s username/password@myhost:port/servicename <<EOF set head on set COLSEP , set linesize 32767 SET TRIMSPOOL ON SET... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaganjag
8 Replies
PUTS(3) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   PUTS(3)

NAME
fputc, fputs, putc, putchar, puts - output of characters and strings SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> int fputc(int c, FILE *stream); int fputs(const char *s, FILE *stream); int putc(int c, FILE *stream); int putchar(int c); int puts(const char *s); DESCRIPTION
fputc() writes the character c, cast to an unsigned char, to stream. fputs() writes the string s to stream, without its trailing ''. putc() is equivalent to fputc() except that it may be implemented as a macro which evaluates stream more than once. putchar(c); is equivalent to putc(c,stdout). puts() writes the string s and a trailing newline to stdout. Calls to the functions described here can be mixed with each other and with calls to other output functions from the stdio library for the same output stream. For non-locking counterparts, see unlocked_stdio(3). RETURN VALUE
fputc(), putc() and putchar() return the character written as an unsigned char cast to an int or EOF on error. puts() and fputs() return a non-negative number on success, or EOF on error. CONFORMING TO
ANSI - C, POSIX.1 BUGS
It is not advisable to mix calls to output functions from the stdio library with low - level calls to write() for the file descriptor asso- ciated with the same output stream; the results will be undefined and very probably not what you want. SEE ALSO
write(2), ferror(3), fopen(3), fseek(3), fwrite(3), gets(3), scanf(3), unlocked_stdio(3) GNU
1993-04-04 PUTS(3)