Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I search with start and end criteria? Post 302848173 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 28th of August 2013 04:50:59 PM
Old 08-28-2013
You can also add an Output Record Selector ORS if you want the closing </tab> in the output:

Code:
awk '/DESCRIPTION= *likes red/ && /ADDRESS= *B/' RS="</tab>" ORS="</tab>\n" file

This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Select records based on search criteria on first column

Hi All, I need to select only those records having a non zero record in the first column of a comma delimited file. Suppose my input file is having data like: "0","01/08/2005 07:11:15",1,1,"Created",,"01/08/2005" "0","01/08/2005 07:12:40",1,1,"Created",,"01/08/2005"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi_kiran_v
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

{How} Script to search a log file for a given criteria

I have to write a script to search the logfiles i.e msg.log for the following The Search Criteria is as follows 1. IP address 2. String Ex: abc.123.com 3. Timestamp ( start - end ) ex: 2008-05-04-00:30:00 - 2008-05-08-04:30:00 Can anyone help to devise a script for... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiakingz
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete new lines based on search criteria

Hi all! A bit of background: I am trying to create a script that formats SQL statements. I have gotten so far as to add new lines based on certain match criteria like commas, keywords etc. In the process, I end up adding newlines where I don't want. For example: substr(colName, 1, 10)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayarkay
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search & delete located criteria

Guys, I manages to get awk to search and print the files that I want to delete. However I am stuck on the delete portion. Here is the command that I am using to fins these files. find /usr/local/apache/conf/vhosts/ -type f | awk '/e$/' The output is perfect. The files look like so: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on specific search criteria

I have a huge file (about 2 millions records) contains data separated by “,” (comma). As part of the requirement, I can't change the format. The objective is to remove some of the records with the following condition. If the 23rd field on each line start with 302 , I need to remove that from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaygamini
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines between the start string and end string including start and end string Python

Hi, I am trying to remove lines once a string is found till another string is found including the start string and end string. I want to basically grab all the lines starting with color (closing bracket). PS: The line after the closing bracket for color could be anything (currently 'more').... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need To Delete Lines Based On Search Criteria

Hi All, I have following input file. I wish to retain those lines which match multiple search criteria. The search criteria is stored in a variable seperated from each other by comma(,). SEARCH_CRITERIA = "REJECT, DUPLICATE" Input File: ERROR,MYFILE_20130214_11387,9,37.75... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying section of file based on search criteria

Hi Guru's, I am new to unix scripting. I have a huge file with user details in it(file2) and I have another file with a list of users(file1). Script has to search a user from file1 and get all the associated lines from file2. Example: fiel1: cn=abc cn=DEF cn=xyx File 2: dn:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samingla
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a String between start and end of a block in a file

Hi, I have a scenario where I want to display the output based on the pattern search between the start and end of a block in a file, we can have multiple start and end blocks in a file. Example give below, we need to search between the start block abc and end block def in a file, after that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting week start date and end date based on custom period start dates

Below are my custom period start and end dates based on a calender, these dates are placed in a file, for each period i need to split into three weeks for each period row, example is given below. Could you please help out to achieve solution through shell script.. File content: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
2 Replies
SRU::Response::Record(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				SRU::Response::Record(3pm)

NAME
SRU::Response::Record - A class for representing a result record in a searchRetrieve response. SYNOPSIS
my $record = SRU::Response::Record->new(); $record->recordData( '<title>Huck Finn</title>' ); $response->addRecord( $record ); DESCRIPTION
SRU::Response::Record is used to bundle up the information about a particular metadata record in a SRU::Response::SearchRetrieve object. Typically you'll construct a record object and add it to the SearchRetrieve response. METHODS
new() You must supply the recordSchema and recordData parameters. recordPacking, recordPosition, and extraRecordData may also be supplied. my $record = SRU::Response::Record->new( recordSchema => 'info:srw/schema/1/dc-v1.1', recordData => '<title>Huckleberry Finn</title>' ); recordSchema() The URI identifier of the XML schema in which the record is encoded. Although the request may use the server's assigned short name, the response must always be the full URI. recordData() The record itself, either as a string or embedded XML. If would like to pass an object in here you may do so as long as it imlements the asXML() method. recordPacking() The packing used in recordData, as requested by the client or the default: "XML". recordPosition() The position of the record within the result set. If you don't pass this in recordPosition will be automaticlly calculated for you when add or retrieve a record from a SRU::Response::SearchRetrieve object. extraRecordData() Any extra data associated with the record. See the section on extensions for more information. asXML() perl v5.12.4 2009-11-20 SRU::Response::Record(3pm)