Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat USB HDD not showing valid partition on one Solaris machine Post 302845699 by fpmurphy on Thursday 22nd of August 2013 05:15:00 AM
Old 08-22-2013
The ext3 filesystem is not supported on Solaris unless you install the appropriate packages.

I am not in front on an x86 system at present, but l believe that the two packages are:
Code:
FSWpart
FSWfsmisc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

usb hdd detection problem

I have seagate USB 2.0 HDD which was working good on my windows system Recently I have started using red hat Linux 2.6.9-55.0.12.EL (i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux) The USB is not at all detected in Linux even if I reboot with it attached to the PC. The same can be detected on any Windows system. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahendrakamath
0 Replies

2. Solaris

swap partition showing mounted in df -h

Dear All Anyone can help me what is the problem of swap partition? swap partition is showing mounted in df -h command output. Regards prakash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pshelke
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy my system hdd usb stick from 4GB to 8GB ?

Hi, my router is my Linux embedded device. I have system installed on HDD 4GB usb stick, part1 swap, part2 /opt , part3 data. I need to copy my system to new HDD 8GB usb stick. What is a way for 4GB > 4GB HDD and what for 4GB > 8GB As I remeber, I can copy image of my 4GB HDD usb stick... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
7 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Cant' mount usb drive, /dev/sda1 not showing up

Hi, I'm trying to mount a usb drive but the path /dev/sda1 does not show up under /dev when I plug in the usb device. In fact I see no differences under /dev before and after I plugin my usb drive. Any ideas why the system is not recognizing the usb drive and how to fix? This is on a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing off my rsync-to-USB script

Thank you all for helping me figure out how to manage spaces in paths. The following script is the result. The script uses rsync to backup files to a USB device. Special thanks to Scrutinizer:b:. rsync2u is a free menu-driven script. Down load the script from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
7 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Lucid AMD 64 install on USB HDD reboots frequently

Hi all, I am using Ubuntu lucid. It is installed on external USB HDD and I boot into it. Besides other issues, the most significant one is as follows.. I boot in and start working. Everything goes on fine. As soon as I move the HDD, change its position, etc, all icons tuns into a red... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morningSunshine
1 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to stop USB-HDD?

Hi, There is the following minor issue with USB-harddrive: On windows: when i perform "safely remove" disk is stopped (hdd head is parking) & it is not spinning (but it is still connected to USB) On Linux (Fedora 14, OpenSUSE): when i perform "umount", HDD is still spinning. Could you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vourhey
1 Replies

8. Linux

Istallation Of PCLinuxOS 2009 Onto A HDD-less Machine...

I have no idea if this has been done before but I have an Acer Aspire One - NG5, 512MB RAM, netbook where the SSD failed and is now FIXED DISKLESS and unable to boot until now... ;o) It ran PCLinuxOS 2009 as its OS until the SDD failure... The method is a little long winded and does require a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Total HDD size and count on Linux machine

Hi... I am trying to grab two information 1. Total size of HDD 2. Total number of HDD (if possible alongwith names) can someone suggest me how can we do that in linux machine.. though small scripts and commands like fdisk. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disk /dev/sdb doesn't contain a valid partition table

Hello, I have rebooted the RHEL VM but after rebooting the vm it not showing all the partition mounted on OS level, if i'll execute the fdisk -l command, then i'm able to see the same disk. below is the fdisk output : # fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 107.6 GB, 107639996416 bytes 255 heads, 63... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
1 Replies
debuginfo-install(1)													      debuginfo-install(1)

NAME
debuginfo-install - install debuginfo packages and their dependencies SYNOPSIS
debuginfo-install package DESCRIPTION
debuginfo-install is a program which installs the RPMs needed to debug the specified package. The package argument can be a wildcard, but will only match installed packages. debuginfo-install will then enable any debuginfo repositories, and install the relevant debuginfo rpm. EXAMPLES
Download and install all the RPMs needed to debug the kernel RPM: debuginfo-install kernel WARNING MESSAGES
Could not find debuginfo for: You may sometimes see warning messages about certain packages not being found if you run debuginfo-install for a wildcard or glob. Debuginfo packages are not necessary for "noarch" RPMs; these will generate a warning message. Additionally, On 64-bit systems, no multilib debuginfo packages are published, so if you have 32-bit packages installed, these will also generate warning messages. FILES
As debuginfo-install uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum.conf (5) http://yum-utils.baseurl.org/ http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. James Antill 21 October 2008 debuginfo-install(1)