Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Want to remove telnet error/info from screen Post 302844823 by Skrynesaver on Tuesday 20th of August 2013 06:01:07 AM
Old 08-20-2013
You need to redirect STDERR to /dev/null as well to avoid these messages (unless inability to contact a host is of interest Smilie ), we can do this by redirecting stderr to stdout 2>&1 this is a very common idiom.

Code:
  snarf2 -c "show chassis status" `showHosts gsx |egrep "$REGEX"` > /dev/null > d1d1 2>&1

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet and get info

Hello all, probably this is a very stupid question but I'm a beginner in the arts of scripting... :confused: I'm trying to do a script that logs in to several equipments, switchs etc, and make them show their version and save all the output to a file. I managed to do the login,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmpx
6 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Please look at this screen shot: How do I remove this lock icon?!

RESOLVED in the screen shot I'd like to remove the lock sandwiched between the spaces indicator and the monitor icon, how do I get rid of it? It locks the screen and I cannot remember how it came to be http://guptaxpn.com/tmp/lock_icon_screenshot.png Thanks for your help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptaxpn
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabbing info from Telnet

I have a process that is running locally on the machine. When you telnet to the process: telnet IP port, it automatically returns a string which shows the status of that process. Something like this: # telnet IP Port Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1). Escape... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skaptakalian
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatic logging (capture screen output) of telnet/ssh sessions on a Solaris node

Hi I am working in Solaris 10 and I want to monitor logs for every telnet/ssh session that tries to connect to the server. I need these logs to be generated in a file that I can fetch using ftp. I am a new user and a stepwise detail will be great BR saGGee (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggee
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error info

Hi all, How to: Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error information. For example: I have a bash script called test.sh now I want to run the test.sh and display the output on the screen and save the output including error info to a file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon sine
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems with Remove Duplicate Info

Input file data_1 american 100 data_1 US 1000 data_1 australia 50 data_2 american 90 data_3 singapore 4 data_3 thailand 50 . . Desired output result data_1 american 100 US 1000 australia 50 data_2 american 90 data_3 singapore 4 thailand 50 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

7. AIX

xp to aix - telnet blank screen

hello, i am trying to test connection to a 5.3 box. from an xp machine, telnet connects but shows only a blank screen. cursor moves as i type, but no response back. have used telnet, putty and accuterm - all same result verified that telnet services are active in xp xp windoze firewall is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: allenhibbert
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet errors coming on screen while using snarf command.

Hi Team, I am using one script, It is working fine, the problem is it gives unwanted telnet errors when I am using it. I just want to remove these unwanted errors/info from my screen. bash-3.00$ cat raza_site_temp #!/usr/bin/bash #rj835b IFS="|" REGEX="$*" echo snarf2 -c "show... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
1 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Remove confidential info

please remove following word from the respective links .There is a highy confidential info and hence we want it to be removed from site . https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/225177-max-size-directory.html words: itf ,ude,fititf ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies
VDETELWEB(1)						      General Commands Manual						      VDETELWEB(1)

NAME
vdetelweb - Virtual Distributed Ethernet Telnet and/or Web management module SYNOPSIS
vdetelweb [ --web ] [ --telnet ] [ --nodename nodename ] [ --daemon ] [ --rcfile rcfile ] mgmt_socket DESCRIPTION
vdetelweb implements a tiny telnet server and/or a tiny web server for the remote management of a VDE2 switch. OPTIONS
-w, --web start the web server. At least one of --web or --telnet must be set. -t, --telnet start the telnet server. At least one of --web or --telnet must be set. -n, --nodename nodename specify the nodename as seen from remote connections (e.g. in the command prompt or in the web page title). uname nodename is used when this option is not specified. -d, --daemon run as a daemon, using syslog for logging. -f, --rcfile rcfile rc file to set the initial switch configuration. When not specified, vdetelweb searches for ~/.vde/vdetelwebrc and /etc/vde/vdetel- webrc. At leas one rc file must exist and be readable. -h, --help print help. please use it for a more complete list of options. mgmt_socket is the managemnt socket used to communicate with the vde_switch. (This option must match the path used in the -M option for the vde_switch). NOTICE
Virtual Distributed Ethernet is not related in any way with www.vde.com ("Verband der Elektrotechnik, Elektronik und Informationstechnik" i.e. the German "Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies"). SEE ALSO
vde_switch(1), vde_plug(1), vdeq(1). dpipe(1). unixterm(1). AUTHOR
VDE is a project by Renzo Davoli <renzo@cs.unibo.it> Virtual Distributed Ethernet June 16, 2008 VDETELWEB(1)