Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How can i know last 10 IP addresses of a user id in UNIX? Post 302842397 by ManiS_1 on Friday 9th of August 2013 06:00:24 AM
Old 08-09-2013
Try using
Code:
lastcomm

Code:
lastcomm userid

should give you the commands executed by a user

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Adding a New IP Addresses to a SCO Unix Box

I tried the search and didn't come up with an answer to my question so I decided I'd post it.... How do you add a new IP address to a SCO Unix box? We're adding a router and I need to add the IP address to the UNIX box for the system to find it.. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dman110168
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching for strings/user IP addresses

Hi, I'm trying to write a script, which will perform the following actions. Pick up the IP address of the PC I have used to telnet into the SUN server. Export this. Run the rest of my script. I am struggling with the first part, I know the IP address can be displayed by the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 30694
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix-mail to external websites/addresses

Hi all, I would like to know if I can send unix mail to 'external email addresses'. My unix server is leo@ABCcompany.com. I am able to send emails to firstname.lastname@ABCcompany.com. But, we have some email addresses in our team on our parent company's server - ex:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joy_K
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to allow unix regular user to disable a unix printer

HI, I'm trying to create a script that a regular unix user can run from a unix menu and disable and enable a unix printer. Any help will be very helpful. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miguelpza
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Different ip addresses

Hello! I have logged in using Putty into another machine 'tele'. The ip address which i used to login to 'tele' is 192.168.1.3. Now while at 'tele' when i run "#ifconfig -a" i get the same ip address i.e, 192.168.1.3. But when i run "#arp tele" it gives the output: tele (10.143.128.8) ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suhail.sadaqat
9 Replies

6. IP Networking

Migrating existing Subnet to a new subnet and changing ip addresses in UNIX

Hi, My project needs to migrate the existing Subnet (255.255.255.0) to a new subnet and change the ipaddresses (currently C class). How can I do that. I need some information. John (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmarsh
0 Replies

7. Programming

how to user get unix variable USER in C

in a C program, how do you access the unix environment variable USER for example? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simplifying IPv6 addresses from user input

hi friends, im new to scripting and am tiring out to valid an ip address if user inputs 9 : 003 : 0 : 0 : 100 : 256 ,i need to suppress all leading zeros and single zero ie out put for the same should be 9 : 3 : : : 100 : 256 can any help using awk ,regular expression to split the string... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeepjeede
1 Replies
lastcomm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       lastcomm(1)

Name
       lastcomm - show last commands executed in reverse order

Syntax
       lastcomm [command name...] [user name...] [terminal name...]

Description
       The  command gives information on previously executed commands.	With no arguments, prints information about all the commands recorded dur-
       ing the current accounting file's lifetime.  If called with arguments, only accounting entries with a matching command name, user name,	or
       terminal  name  are printed.  The following example produces a listing of all the executions of commands named by user root on the terminal
       ttyd0:
       lastcomm a.out root ttyd0

For each process entry, the following are printed:

The name of the user who ran the process.

Flags, as accumulated by the accounting facilities in the system.

The command name under which the process was called.

The amount of cpu time used by the process (in seconds).

The time the process exited.

The flags are encoded as follows:

``S'' indicates the command was executed by the super-user

``F'' indicates the command ran after a fork, but without a following exec

``C'' indicates the command was run in PDP-11 compatibility mode (VAX only)

``D'' indicates the command terminated with the generation of a core file

``X'' indicates the command was terminated with the signal SIGTERM

See Also
       last(1), sigvec(2), acct(5), core(5)

lastcomm(1)