Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Anti-virus Software Question For Linux Post 302840781 by cmennens on Tuesday 6th of August 2013 12:20:59 PM
Old 08-06-2013
Virus scanners on Linux are bogus. Not needed what so ever unless you're running a Linux dedicated email server or anything that hands off packets to a Microsoft machine. Linux is secure enough to run with IPTables and SELinux and I don't even do that...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

anti-spam virus package for Unix

:( Is there anyone know the anti-spam and anti- virus package software list for Unix !!?? Where can I find that, I have no idea in searching through the internet! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwayne
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anti Virus sw

Can anyone recommend Anti Virus sw for a ten user small business environment running Unix... ver? Thanks for the help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

anti virus caller

Hi all. Iam using AVG antivirus personel edition, and i can only set it to run at one time only. Iam running it on a Win98 machine. is it possilbe to write a Perl script or c++ script to set it up to run at 12pm and 3pm and 6pm ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

What is Your Favorite Anti-Virus Software for Windows at Home?

I used to have trendmicro I used it for free when I worked with a previous company, when I left I had to uninstall it and switched to using Zone Alarm. I tell you on some days I really want to pull my hair out when my PC really works like a snail and sometimes really so unresponsive for up to... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
20 Replies

5. Ubuntu

What anti-virus to use with Ubuntu

Greetings I just installed Ubuntu 9 on my computer and need to know what anti-virus software to use. I have been using Avast anti-virus on my other comps for years and really like it. I have not tried it with Ubuntu yet but it says for Windows based systems. Any ideas are appreciated Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N5TDA
5 Replies

6. Linux

Linux Anti Virus

Can anyone tell the best free antivirus for Linux? I'm using RED HAT 9.0 & want to install antivirus for it. So if anyone has any suggestions of where to get that antivirus, that would be great! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
2 Replies
AMAVISD-NEW(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    AMAVISD-NEW(8)

NAME
amavisd-new - Interface between MTA and virus scanner/content filters SYNOPSIS
amavisd-new [ -u userid ] [ -g groupid ] [ -c config-file ]... [ start | stop | reload | debug | debug-sa | foreground ] DESCRIPTION
amavisd is a high-performance interface between message transfer agent (MTA) and virus scanners and/or spam scanners. This is the amavisd-new incarnation of amavisd. It is a performance-enhanced and feature-enriched version of the original amavisd program. Amavisd-new works as a SMTP proxy. Email is fed to it through SMTP, processed, and fed back to the MTA through a new SMTP connection. There is no buffering to disk by amavis, it will report that the transfer was sucessfull only after the forwarding MTA has accepted the message. It is possible to use the sendmail milter interface instead of the SMTP proxy method, as well. OPTIONS
-c configfile Use the specified configuration file instead of using run-parts(8) to find config files in /usr/share/amavis/conf.d and /etc/amavis/conf.d (this is a Debian extension to Amavisd-new). More than one -c option can be specified and the files will be read in the order given. -u userid Try to switch to that user id. -g groupid Try to switch to that group id. start Starts amavisd-new stop Stops a running amavisd-new reload Reloads configuration from config file (may in fact just restart amavisd-new) debug Runs amavisd-new in debug mode debug-sa Runs amavisd-new in spamassassin debug mode foreground Does not fork to background FILES
/etc/amavis/amavisd.conf, /var/lib/amavis, /var/run/amavis/amavisd.pid SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/amavisd-new/* AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 2003-01-01 AMAVISD-NEW(8)