Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How can i know last 10 IP addresses of a user id in UNIX? Post 302840699 by saikrishna_1245 on Tuesday 6th of August 2013 10:28:52 AM
Old 08-06-2013
How can i know last 10 IP addresses of a user id in UNIX?

Hi,

I am working on a project where i can commit the project filles using UNIX commands. Without my awareness some body has changed and commited the project files with my login credentials. Now I want to know the UNIX command to find out the last 10(or) more IP addresses that uses my project folders. In a brief UNIX CMND for knowing last 10 ip addresses that modified the files using a user account.

Thanks in advance.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Adding a New IP Addresses to a SCO Unix Box

I tried the search and didn't come up with an answer to my question so I decided I'd post it.... How do you add a new IP address to a SCO Unix box? We're adding a router and I need to add the IP address to the UNIX box for the system to find it.. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dman110168
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching for strings/user IP addresses

Hi, I'm trying to write a script, which will perform the following actions. Pick up the IP address of the PC I have used to telnet into the SUN server. Export this. Run the rest of my script. I am struggling with the first part, I know the IP address can be displayed by the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 30694
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix-mail to external websites/addresses

Hi all, I would like to know if I can send unix mail to 'external email addresses'. My unix server is leo@ABCcompany.com. I am able to send emails to firstname.lastname@ABCcompany.com. But, we have some email addresses in our team on our parent company's server - ex:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joy_K
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to allow unix regular user to disable a unix printer

HI, I'm trying to create a script that a regular unix user can run from a unix menu and disable and enable a unix printer. Any help will be very helpful. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miguelpza
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Different ip addresses

Hello! I have logged in using Putty into another machine 'tele'. The ip address which i used to login to 'tele' is 192.168.1.3. Now while at 'tele' when i run "#ifconfig -a" i get the same ip address i.e, 192.168.1.3. But when i run "#arp tele" it gives the output: tele (10.143.128.8) ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suhail.sadaqat
9 Replies

6. IP Networking

Migrating existing Subnet to a new subnet and changing ip addresses in UNIX

Hi, My project needs to migrate the existing Subnet (255.255.255.0) to a new subnet and change the ipaddresses (currently C class). How can I do that. I need some information. John (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmarsh
0 Replies

7. Programming

how to user get unix variable USER in C

in a C program, how do you access the unix environment variable USER for example? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simplifying IPv6 addresses from user input

hi friends, im new to scripting and am tiring out to valid an ip address if user inputs 9 : 003 : 0 : 0 : 100 : 256 ,i need to suppress all leading zeros and single zero ie out put for the same should be 9 : 3 : : : 100 : 256 can any help using awk ,regular expression to split the string... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeepjeede
1 Replies
projdel(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       projdel(1M)

NAME
projdel - delete a project from the system SYNOPSIS
projdel [-f filename] project DESCRIPTION
The projdel utility deletes a project from the system and makes the appropriate changes to the system file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f filename Specify the project file to modify. If no filename is specified, the system project file, /etc/project, is modified. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: project The name of the project to be deleted. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 2 The command syntax was invalid. A usage message for projdel is displayed. 3 An invalid argument was provided to an option. 4 The projid given with the -p option is already in use. 5 The project files contain an error. See project(4). 6 The project to be modified, group, user, or resource does not exist. 9 The project is already in use. 10 Cannot update the /etc/project file. FILES
/etc/project System project file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stabilty | See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ Invocation is evolving. Human readable output is unstable. SEE ALSO
projects(1), groupadd(1M), groupdel(1M), groupmod(1M), grpck(1M), logins(1M), projadd(1M), projmod(1M), useradd(1M), userdel(1M), user- mod(1M), project(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
In case of an error, projdel prints an error message and exits with a non-zero status. NOTES
projdel deletes a project definition only on the local system. If a network name service such as NIS or LDAP is being used to supplement the local /etc/project file with additional entries, projdel cannot change information supplied by the network name service. SunOS 5.10 4 May 2004 projdel(1M)