Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check latest patch applied on UNIX server Post 302835793 by lovelysethii on Tuesday 23rd of July 2013 02:58:19 AM
Old 07-23-2013
Check latest patch applied on UNIX server

hi all,

i need to check the latest patch applied on my unix server. here is the server info:
Code:
bash-3.2$ uname -a
SunOS usa0300uz1226 5.10 Generic_148888-01 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise

please tell which is the command for checking patch?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Where is UNIX applied presently

Can any one of you post the applications of UNIX? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinni1888
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the latest modified file from the unix server.

hi Friends, In my directory i have some files. I need to find out latest modified file. Please help me. Sreenu. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenu80
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP latest file from Windows server to Unix host

Hi All, I am SFTP ing file from Windows server (Sydney) to Unix host in London (both servers are on different timezones). It appears the upstream (Windows server team) does not do a file housekeeping activity and henceforth there are multiple files i.e. each week the script is scheduled to run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vigdmab
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

what is the latest awk patch?

on the server I do these commands and I get this: uname -a to find version of server OS HP-UX b8mkesc1 B.11.23 U ia64 2190843824 unlimited-user license to find version of awk what /usr/bin/awk lib.c $Date: 2007/02/23 16:15:06 $Revision: r11.23/2 PATCH_11.23 (PHCO_36053) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need to copy the latest file from Unix server to Shared folder

Hi All, One job in unix server will generate .csv files daily. I need to copy the latest of these .csv file from the unix server to the shared drive/folder in windows through unix script. My shared folder will look something like W:\some folder(for example). Could any one of you please help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaya@123
3 Replies

6. AIX

How to Check the what runtime package is applied on AIX OS

Hi Experts, How to Check the what runtime package is applied on AIX OS? I would like to verify if “xlcpp.rte.10.1.0.aix.base” package is applied or not ? thanks in advance. -Mallela (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meetmallela
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris latest CPU patch graphics/gui issue

We just installed the latest Oracle Solaris 10 Sparc 64-Bit CPU patch (10/2012) and we are no longer able to access the GUI or the console after the OBP. We believe that this is a graphics issue. It has affected out t2000 xvr-200 graphics server and also out v440 xvr-100 graphics server. We are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: topper24501
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download latest file via ftp server unix through shell script

Hello this is my first post in this forum , I dont want to be unhappy.. I am writing one script but facing difficulty to find the latest file with some new pattern My requirement is 1. The file is coming like "ABCD-23220140303" at FTP server once in a week. 2. script will run on daily... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
3 Replies
patch-metamail(1)					      General Commands Manual						 patch-metamail(1)

NAME
patch-metamail - Install a patch to the latest metamail release SYNOPSIS
patch-metamail source-tree-root patch-number [hostname [dirname [prefix]]] DESCRIPTION
The patch-metamail program will attempt to retreive a patch file for the metamail distribution, using anonymous ftp to a trusted server, and then install that patch in your local copy of the distribution. The first two arguments, which are required, are the root directory of your local copy of the metamail source directory, and the patch num- ber. The former is site-dependent, the latter is patch-dependent. In general, patch-metamail is intended to be called via metamail, with a mailcap entry like the following: application/x-metamail-patch;patch-metamail source-tree-root %{patchnumber}; needsterminal The default values for the host to ftp to, the directory name to retrieve the file from, and the patch file name prefix are hard-wired to thumper.bellcore.com, pub/nsb, and "mm.patch.". While you can override these on the command line, it would be a big mistake to make these parameterized based on the contents of a mail message, because then someone could spoof you into retrieving a new version of metamail with a Trojan horse from their site! However, as long as you retain control over what host and directory the patches are retrieved from, this program is reasonably safe (as safe as the host you're depending on, anyway). SEE ALSO
metamail(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1991 Bell Communications Research, Inc. (Bellcore) Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this material for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies, and that the name of Bellcore not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to this material without the specific, prior written permission of an authorized representative of Bellcore. BELLCORE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR SUITABILITY OF THIS MATERIAL FOR ANY PURPOSE. IT IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. AUTHOR
Nathaniel S. Borenstein, Bellcore Release 1 patch-metamail(1)