Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ~c carbon copy in HP-UX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ~c carbon copy in HP-UX Post 302835343 by krupasindhu18 on Monday 22nd of July 2013 08:56:18 AM
Old 07-22-2013
~c carbon copy in HP-UX

Hi,

As per your command i am getting below errors.

cat /projects/psoft/hrdw/pushreports/test/cc_maillist
test.sh[41]: ${mail_body/to_maillist}: The specified substitution is not valid for this command.

Here is my part of the script.

HTML Code:
if [ -s $mail_body/cc_maillist ]
then
echo "CC_mail list exists and sending mail with CC List"
cat $mail_body/temp_body| mailx ~c $(cat $mail_body/cc_maillist | sed -e 's/ / \~c /g') -s "Hi - This is mail subject" ${mail_body/to_maillist}
dout

mailx ~c $(cat $mailbody/cc_maillist | sed -e 's/ / \~c /g')
How it will work?, As my understanding sed will replace with ~c if any space is exists between two email id's
Dout1.As i mentioned cc_maillist file is dynamic it may contain one email id or my contain more then one email id's depends on product(business req.) .
when email id is one how it will work?
Dount2.I read and tried ~c email id is should be write before mailx command i dont understand actually.

Please do the necessary advice it needed for me.

Thanks,
Krupa

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carbon Copy to exchange user

Hello, I am trying to send a message to few users on an exchange server. I would like to put few of them as CC. When I send it to myself and CC another user, I receive the e-mail and see the other e-mail address under CC but he doesn't receive the e-mail at all. Any ideas ? I am using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mclevy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with Carbon copy (CC) option in mailx command

Hi, I have problems with the cc option in mailx command. Just went through some of the similar threads but none provides a satisfactory explanation. I have a script using the mailx command in the following way: (echo `cat mailsub.txt` ; uuencode attachment.csv attachment.csv) | mailx -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmithaN
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Carbon copy for a mail in mailx command

Hi, Can you please anyone say how to send a mail with carbon copy using the mailx command. i.e the recipient list should be in CC while the mail reaches them. I need the option mailx command Thanks in advance. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltony
11 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

system() in carbon & FTP

Hey, I'm trying to establish a connection to FTP in carbon using the system() function, but I'm not sure how to supply my FTP password in the same command. For example, I have: system("ftp myusername@mydomain.net"); It then obviously prompts for the password, so I tried this (below)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lectersmeal
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Carbon copy using mailx command in HP-UX

Can anyone give me the code to carbon copy a mail using mailx command in HP-UX. I want to put the code in shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
3 Replies
WWW::Topica::Reply(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   WWW::Topica::Reply(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Topica::Index - parse a single Topic mailing list index SYNOPSIS
my $index = WWW::Topic::Index->new($index_html); foreach my $message_id ($index->message_ids) { # the mail has some information and also provides a link to the reply ... my $mail = WWW::Topica::Mail->new($topica->fetch_mail($mess_id), $mess_id); # which has other information (like the un-htmled mail and the email address) ... my $reply = WWW::Topica::Reply->new($topica->fetch_reply($mail->id, $mail->eto), $mail->id, $mail->eto); } print "Next offset is ".$index->next." "; print "Previous offset is ".$index->prev." "; DESCRIPTION
Used to parse a single reply page from Topica.com's mailing list indexes. Reply pages have the body of the email (albeit quoted) and potentially a full email address. METHODS
new <page html> <message id> <eto> Takes the html of the page, the eto and the message-id and parses the html. parse <html> Parse the html to get the subject, email address and body of the email. id Get the message id eto Get the message eto email Get the email address parsed out. subject Get the email subject parsed out. body Get the email body parsed out. AUTHOR
Simon Wistow <simon@thegestalt.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004, Simon Wistow perl v5.10.1 2006-01-03 WWW::Topica::Reply(3pm)