Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Thin clients for AIX desktop
Operating Systems AIX Thin clients for AIX desktop Post 302834167 by DGPickett on Thursday 18th of July 2013 12:16:28 PM
Old 07-18-2013
VNC has many options you can tweak to select different/no compression schemes and such, so it may get closer with tuning.

You can run it in an ssh tunnel, too.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from AIX to 20 Windows clients

I have got a unix server ( AIX ) and 20 clients ( windows 2000 ) . I have to transfer a file through FTP from the server to each of 20 clients daily to check the network speed. But each time I do ftp, I have to enter username and password and then transfer the file using "put <filename>". I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharuvman
2 Replies

2. SCO

Please help.Thin clients connecting to SCO.

Hi thank you for your help in advance, I am running SCO 5.0.6 with 75 user license And I have thin clients connected (around 50 no.) to it through a terminal server.The problem is that when the thin clients are terminated abnormally it takes a lot of time for me to conect to the SERVER again and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chaitu.a
1 Replies

3. Linux

BOOTP on HP Thin clients

Please m new around here! Can anyone take me thru implementing bootp on my thin clients via my central server? Preciate ur assistance. Thanks folks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuk_uka
2 Replies

4. AIX

NTP server with aix & wintel clients

Good morning to all, can someone advise me how to setup aix ntp server with aix & wintel clients? Secondly, I also require to enable the service to autostart on reboot, how do I configure this? Thirdly, how do I configure daily autosync between clients and server? Please advice, thanks.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chongkls77
0 Replies

5. AIX

IPsec from one AIX server to many windows clients

I work for a fairly large organization who recently tasked me with securing our telnet services with IPsec. We have a large mixed environment where most of our servers are running unsecured telnet. ssh was my first suggestion but because of the cost of purchasing an enterprise license for a fips... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgaixsysadm
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to setup unix training class with thin clients and a blade server?

Hello folks, I have to conduct a demo session on bash scripting in any unix/linux distro to my colleagues (12 of them). Our company has not appointed a system administrator for linux. So I am seeking help from you all. We only have thin clients running windows XP and are connected to a blade... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnjaanFauji
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to setup unix training class with thin clients and a blade server?

Hello folks, I have to conduct a demo session on bash scripting in any unix/linux distro to my colleagues (12 of them). Our company has not appointed a system administrator for linux. So I am seeking help from you all. We only have thin clients running windows XP and are connected to a blade... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AnjaanFauji
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

How to host apps for thin-clients for cheap on a home network?

Hello, I am planning to build a HP Proliant DL380 server w/ Debian. I would like to connect 6 or 8 thin clients (or zero-clients) to this server and host the applications for the thin clients. The thin-clients are all wireless LAN. All data created by users on the thin clients saved on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
0 Replies
CAS(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    CAS(4)

NAME
cas -- Cassini/Cassini+ (GigaSwift) Ethernet device driver SYNOPSIS
cas* at pci? dev ? function ? Configuration of PHYs may also be necessary. See mii(4). DESCRIPTION
The cas driver provides support for the Sun Cassini and Cassini+ (GigaSwift) and the National Semiconductor Saturn Ethernet hardware found in Sun UltraSPARC machines and Sun GigaSwift PCI cards. Cards supported by this driver include: o Sun Gigaswift Ethernet (SX fibre variants) o Sun Gigaswift Ethernet (UTP variants) o Sun quad Gigaswift Ethernet SEE ALSO
brgphy(4), gentbi(4), gphyter(4), ifmedia(4), intro(4), mii(4), ifconfig(8) Sun Microsystems, Cassini+ ASIC Specification, http://www.sun.com/processors/manuals/cs_plus.pdf. HISTORY
The cas driver first appeared in OpenBSD 4.1. NetBSD support was added in NetBSD 6.0. AUTHORS
The cas driver was written for OpenBSD by Mark Kettenis <kettenis@openbsd.org>, based on the gem(4) driver, and ported to NetBSD by Julian Coleman <jdc@NetBSD.org>. BUGS
The cas driver does not support any of the advanced features of the Cassini chip. On the SX fibre variants of the hardware, the link may stay down if media options apart from autoselect are chosen. BSD
January 7, 2010 BSD