Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Retaining file versions based on input parameter Post 302832765 by Corona688 on Monday 15th of July 2013 04:28:17 PM
Old 07-15-2013
Whoops, typo.

Code:
ls -tp abc* | grep -v "/$" | awk -v MAX="$1" 'NR > MAX' | xargs echo rm

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Get the File Input from Parameter

pdir=`pwd` if ; then echo current directory $pdir ls -altr echo fi for f in $* do # directory if ; then echo current directory $f cd $f ls -latr echo fi # but you can test file/dir # regular file only if ; then echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass input and output file as parameter to awk script

Hi, i am new to awk. I am using csv2pipe script(shown below) BEGIN { FS=SUBSEP; OFS="|" } { result = setcsv($0, ",") print } # setcsv(str, sep) - parse CSV (MS specification) input # str, the string to be parsed. (Most likely $0.) # sep, the separator between the values. # #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskarjha178
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading from a file(passing the file as input parameter)

hi I have a shell script say primary.sh . There is a file called params my scenario is primary.sh should read all the values and echo it for example i should pass like $primary.sh params output would be Abc ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirecting output retaining the input

Hi Guys, I am trying to redirect output from a file to another file while retaining the contents of the input file. For ex: cat /tmp/Out1.cfg > test.txt Now, test.txt would contain the value of Out1.cfg.,ie say for ex "12" What i require is to have the value as "/tmp/Out1.cfg 12" in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran1112
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

split the file based on the 2nd column passing as a parameter

I am unable to spit the file based on the 2nd column passing as a parameter with awk command. Source file: “100”,”customer information”,”10000” “200”,”customer information”,”50000” “300”,”product information”,”40000” script: the command is not allowing to pass the parameters with the awk... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: number10
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move input file based on condition

Hello, I have File1 in a directory A, a File2 in a directory B. If the File2 is not empty Then I have to move File1 from directory A to a directory archive Else no action. Is it possible to do this from one command line? Thank you in advance for your answers. Madi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngelMady
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the ipaddress and align based on the input file

Hi All, I have a file contains below contents, "interfacename/subnet: public (or) interfacename/subnet:cluster_interconnect" "en2"/10.185.81.0:cluster_interconnect,"en5"/10.185.81.0:cluster_interconnect,"en6"/169.181.146.0:public... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to search file based off user input then create new file

In the below bash a file is downloaded when the program is opened and then that file is searched based on user input and the result is written to a new file. For example, the bash is opened and the download.txt is downloaded, the user then enters the id (NA04520). The id is used to search... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How pass the input parameter to a file in the script ?

OS version: RHEL 6.7 myTextFile.txt file is referred within Script1.sh script, I only execute Script1.sh and I want the input variable to be passed inside myTextFile.txt . Any idea how I can do this ? $ cat script1.sh cat myTextFile.txt $ cat myTextFile.txt $1 Requirement1.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need list of input and output parameter of task in a text file, using shell script

//file begin ===== //some code task abcd_; input x; input y,z; //some comment output w; //some comment reg p; integer q; begin //some code end endtask : abcd_ //some code //file end ===== expected output from above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rishifrnds
1 Replies
PHAR.EXTRACTTO(3)							 1							 PHAR.EXTRACTTO(3)

Phar::extractTo - Extract the contents of a phar archive to a directory

SYNOPSIS
public bool Phar::extractTo (string $pathto, [string|array $files], [bool $overwrite = false]) DESCRIPTION
Note This method requires the php.ini setting phar.readonly to be set to 0 in order to work for Phar objects. Otherwise, a PharException will be thrown. Extract all files within a phar archive to disk. Extracted files and directories preserve permissions as stored in the archive. The optional parameters allow optional control over which files are extracted, and whether existing files on disk can be overwritten. The sec- ond parameter files can be either the name of a file or directory to extract, or an array of names of files and directories to extract. By default, this method will not overwrite existing files, the third parameter can be set to true to enable overwriting of files. This method is similar to ZipArchive.extractTo(3). PARAMETERS
o $pathto - Path within an archive to the file to delete. o $files - The name of a file or directory to extract, or an array of files/directories to extract o $overwrite - Set to TRUE to enable overwriting existing files RETURN VALUES
returns TRUE on success, but it is better to check for thrown exception, and assume success if none is thrown. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Throws PharException if errors occur while flushing changes to disk. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A Phar.extractTo(3) example <?php try { $phar = new Phar('myphar.phar'); $phar->extractTo('/full/path'); // extract all files $phar->extractTo('/another/path', 'file.txt'); // extract only file.txt $phar->extractTo('/this/path', array('file1.txt', 'file2.txt')); // extract 2 files only $phar->extractTo('/third/path', null, true); // extract all files, and overwrite } catch (Exception $e) { // handle errors } ?> SEE ALSO
PharData.extractTo(3). PHP Documentation Group PHAR.EXTRACTTO(3)