Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HACMP 4.3 Question
Operating Systems AIX HACMP 4.3 Question Post 302832045 by jaudis on Friday 12th of July 2013 03:29:27 PM
Old 07-12-2013
HACMP 4.3 Question

A quick question on HACMP 4.3

We have two old F80 systems running HACMP 4.3 currently there is Box (A) running one side of a warehouse and (B) running another side. They both have the ability to failover to eachother. Currently Box A and B are running on Box A. In between is a Hitach Disk array.

What is the best practice for me to move load on Box B back over to its respectable space.

---------- Post updated at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:59 PM ----------

FYI: This is what i have..

Login to A system and do smit hacmp
àcluster system Managementà Cluster resource group Managementà Move a resource group to another node. Select resource group to be moved. B to Node B. Open new window and monitor hacmp.out

Let me know if im missing anything

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Hacmp

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
0 Replies

2. AIX

HACMP and Filesystems question

Hello all. Yes, I searched the forum first :) I have hacmp running on 2 nodes. I wish to add a filesystem to the primary node to and existing shared VG. Not sure how to do this in a cluster environment. My scenario: Create the fs in the hacmp screens in smit add in the fs to and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
1 Replies

3. AIX

Aix hacmp cluster question (oracle & sap)

Hello, I was wondering if I have 3 nodes (A, B, C) all configured to startup with HACMP, but I would like to configure HACMP in such a way: 1) Node B should startup first. After the cluster successfully starts up and mounts all the filesystems, then 2) Node A, and Node C should startup ! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
4 Replies

4. AIX

hacmp and disaster recovery question

Hi Guys, is it possible to failover a hacmp cluster in one datacentre via SRDF to a single node in another datacentre, or do I need a cluster there in any case? This is only meant as worst case scenario and my company doesn't want to spend more money than absolutely necessary. I know the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
3 Replies

5. AIX

Question about HACMP for active-active mode

Hi all, I am new to HACMP. So sorry for the newie question. But I did search the forum and it seems that no one asks this before. So if a 2-node cluster runs in active-active mode (and the same application), what is the benefit of using HACMP ? If it runs in active-stanby, it is easy to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
9 Replies

6. AIX

HACMP

hi can anyone explain the concepts of HACMP and configuration (step by step) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
2 Replies

7. AIX

HACMP does not start db2 after failover (db2nodes not getting modified by hacmp)

hi, when I do a failover, hacmp always starts db2 but recently it fails to start db2..noticed the issue is db2nodes.cfg is not modified by hacmp and is still showing primary node..manually changed the node name to secondary after which db2 started immediately..unable to figure out why hacmp is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkr747
4 Replies

8. AIX

HACMP

Does anyone has idea about, what is the ibm standard HACMP trip interval? We have 20 second. lssrc -ls topsvcs Subsystem Group PID Status topsvcs topsvcs 1843200 active Network Name Indx Defd Mbrs St Adapter ID Group ID HB Interval =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: allwin
7 Replies

9. AIX

Help with HACMP

Hi. We have a two node HA cluster. We got a request to change one of the VG name? Is there an option to do this online ? If it requires downtime can someone please explain me the steps for doing it ? Let me know if you need any outputs from the servers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

10. AIX

Hacmp

Hi, I have question about HA. I have 2 node cluster (node A and node B). I have configured network and disk HB. If my network is up and i remove both the fc cables from node A will my cluster failover to node B? I have checked and its not working, if i want my cluster to failover in this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: powerAIX
5 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Question(3)