Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Best hardware for a fast local Ethernet? Post 302829255 by fpmurphy on Thursday 4th of July 2013 10:32:57 AM
Old 07-04-2013
You probably should use cat6 or better cabling.
This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why i have local.profile, local.cshrc,local.login instead of .profile, .login ?

Hello again ! Thanks for response of my first question. there is my second quesiton why i have local.profile instead of .profile file ? my all files in pwd shoes local. before any file. is anybody can tell me about that ? Thanks Abid Malik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Quad Fast Ethernet Card on Sparc 10?

I am having a problem getting my configuration to stick. After I installed my quad-card I did the following: 1. created hostname.qe0, hostname.qe1, hostname.qe2, hostname.qe3 files in my /etc directory. 2. In my /etc/hosts file I added the ip address of each interface and the name for each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jskillet
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help fast

I am trying to reset the IP address on a Unix HP box here in my office and I am stuck in this EM100 mode and cant issue any commands. Any help would be great. By the way I no zero about unix. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zx6ninja
0 Replies

4. Solaris

what is that 1 in the instruction!~ (please help fast)

Hi all, make_lofs /.cdrom/<something>/<something> 1 what does this instruction mean? Note:both the "something" are obviously different . I would like to know what that 1 means, the rest of the instruction is clear!! Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
6 Replies

5. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Hardware faulty, but which hardware?

Hi folk, I have this hardware faunty message, but dont know which hardware is this ? can you guide me ? --------------- ------------------------------------ -------------- --------- TIME EVENT-ID MSG-ID SEVERITY ---------------... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
9 Replies

7. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me in this script fast

i have log files that represent names, times and countries, each name come once in country but may in diff times i need at end each name visited which country and its USA | Tony | 12:25:22:431 Italy | Tony | 09:33:11:212 **** Italy| John | 08:22:12:349 France | Adam | 14:22:42:981... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: teefa
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a local shell script in a remote machine by passing arguments to the local shell script

I need to run a local shell script on a remote machine. I am able to achieve that by executing the command > ssh -qtt user@host < test.sh However, when I try to pass arguments to test.sh it fails. Any pointers would be appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
7 Replies
DR(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     DR(4)

NAME
dr - DR11-W general purpose interface driver SYNOPSIS
/sys/conf/SYSTEM: NDR dr11-w_units # DR11-W /etc/dtab: #Name Unit# Addr Vector Br Handler(s) # Comments dr ? 172410 124 5 drintr # dr11-w (b-bus emulator) dr ? 172430 130 5 drintr # dr11-w (gc-bus emulator) dr ? 172450 134 5 drintr # dr11-w (em-2 interface) major device number(s): raw: 12 minor device encoding: bits 0007 specify DR unit DESCRIPTION
The Digital Equipment 1981-82 Peripherals Handbook states the following about the DR11-W: The The DR11-W is a general purpose, direct memory access (DMA) interface to the PDP-11 UNIBUS or VAX UNIBUS. The DR11-W moves data directly between memory and the UNIBUS to and from the user's peripheral. It features: o Word or byte transfers. o Programmed or direct memory access (DMA) block transfers. o Burst data transfers. o User-controlled transfer rates up to memory speed. The DR11-W is a 53-line direct memory access (DMA) interface to the PDP-11 UNIBUS or VAX UBA, which allows the user to control data transfers between the host processor and a peripheral. The DR11-W has 32 data lines (for transferring 16-bit parallel data) and 21 control lines (for transferring control and status information. When used as an interprocessor buffer (IPB), the DR11-W allows data transfers between two processors. Interprocessor communication is accomplished by attaching one DR11-W to each processor UNIBUS or UBA and then cabling the two DR11-Ws together. There. Now you know as much about it as I do. A number of ioctl(2) calls apply to the dr devices, and have the form #include <pdpuba/drreg.h> ioctl(fildes, code, arg) int *arg; The applicable codes are: DRGTTY Get DR11-W status. DRSTTY Set flags and function. DRSFUN Set function. DRSFLAG Set flags. DRGCSR Get CSR and WCR. DRSSIG Set signal for ATTN interrupt. DRESET Reset DR11-W interface. DRSTIME Set timeout. DRCTIME Set timeout inactive. DROUTPUT Put word in output data register. DRINPUT Get word from input data register. DRITIME Don't ignore errors on timeout. FILES
/dev/dr[0-7] device special files /dev/MAKEDEV script to create special files /dev/MAKEDEV.local script to localize special files SEE ALSO
dtab(5), autoconfig(8) DIAGNOSTICS
dr%d: error csr=%b, eir=%b dr%d: timeout error BUGS
This interface is only available under 2.9BSD and 2.11BSD. No documentation exists on how to use it. 3rd Berkeley Distribution January 27, 1996 DR(4)