Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Inserting text in file names while copying them. Post 302824645 by radoulov on Friday 21st of June 2013 08:53:33 AM
Old 06-21-2013
Or switch to zsh Smilie
Code:
zsh-5.0.2[t]% autoload -U zmv
zsh-5.0.2[t]% ls -l ./u01
totale 0
-rw-r--r-- 1 Master None 0 21 giu 14.35 tmp-file1.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 Master None 0 21 giu 14.35 tmp-file2.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 Master None 0 21 giu 14.35 tmp-file3.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 Master None 0 21 giu 14.35 tmp-file4.xml
zsh-5.0.2[t]% zmv -nv -- './u01/tmp(*).xml' './u02/tmp$1-20130620.txt'
mv -- ./u01/tmp-file1.xml ./u02/tmp-file1-20130620.txt
mv -- ./u01/tmp-file2.xml ./u02/tmp-file2-20130620.txt
mv -- ./u01/tmp-file3.xml ./u02/tmp-file3-20130620.txt
mv -- ./u01/tmp-file4.xml ./u02/tmp-file4-20130620.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying file names returned from a grep command into another directory

When I do the following : grep -l "string" *, I get a list of file names returned. Is there a way to copy the files returned from the list into another directory ?. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kartheg
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

inserting subscriber no in text file using KSH....

:confused:Dears , I have text file I need to insert the subscriber number at position 32, and need to keep the next field at position 53 (no increasing of the record lenght), I mean I just want to replace the spaces at position 32 with subscirber number . for example A B A ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atiato
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting text and modifying the file

I am in a dire need of doing this job , please help from shell script or perl script. It will be highly appreciated. Please have a look at the following INPUT file; The first 14 rows are not of interest but I want them to be included in the output file as they are. From the row 14... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digipak
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

inserting a string to a text file

Hello Can somebody please help me with the following script? I'm trying to create a text file with 20 blank lines and then insert a string in line 2 but nothing is printed in the itxtfile. I can create the file with 20 blank lines but when I "tell" it to print something on the second line, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goude
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting a column into a text file

I have a tab delimited text file with multiple columns (data.txt). I would like to insert a column into the text file. The column I want to insert is in a text file (column.txt). I want to insert it into the 5th column of data.txt. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying same file multiple times with different names

hi, I am copying a file from 1 folder to another in /bin/sh. if the file already exists there, it should get copied as filename1. again if copying next time it shouldget copied as filename2.. , filename3..so on.. The problem is i am able to get uptil filename1.. but how do i know what... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackcat
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying List of Files Under Different File Names ?!

Hi to all here , Excuse me for the lamer question but I need UNIX command for copying List of Files Under Different File Names ! for example I have this list: new_001.jpg new_002.jpg new_003.jpg ..... I want to copy all files that start with "new_" to the same directory but under... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: boboweb_
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting text into a new file

Hi all, I want to create a file and then insert some text into it. I'm trying to create a .sh script that will create a new python file from a template. Can someone tell me why this won't work, touch $1 | sed -e '1i\Some test code here' Sorry I'm quite new to all this! Just as a side... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahodgson
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed and inserting text from another file

I need to insert text from one file into another file after specific term. I guess sed is the best method of doing this and I can insert a specified text string using this script but I am not sure how to modify it to insert text from another file: #!/bin/sh sed 's/\<VirtualHost... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting text into a file with awk or sed

Hello, I've been trying to get a script working that fetches weather-data and converts it into an .ics file. The script works so far put I'm stuck at the point where I need to add specific static data. A thorough search through the forum did not point me into the right direction. #!/bin/bash... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Schubi
3 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD