Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] String manuplation using sed Post 302824023 by anand.shah on Thursday 20th of June 2013 06:18:56 AM
Old 06-20-2013
Many many thanks Don Cragun ..... its working perfectly.
Also thanks to PAmu , Yoda and Vidyadhar for precious inputs.

How to mark the thread as solved ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] String length in kornshell

In the kornshell you can get the length of a string with $ x=abc $ print ${#x} 3 If the current locale is a multibyte locale, like de_AT.UTF-8, you get the length of the string in bytes, not characters: $ x=für $ print ${#x} 4 Is there an easy way to get the length of a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hergp
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] awk string with spaces

Why does this work: awk -v s="this is a string" 'index($0, s)' file while the following doesn't? s="this is a string" awk -v s=$s 'index($0, s)' file How do I search for a string with spaces in it? ---------- Post updated at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:15 AM ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Decoding a base 64 string

Is it possible to decode a base 64 string in linux or unix. If so, related commands or reference notes would be really helpful. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandu123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] sed

sed -e 's/console/raw/g' this command will replace the letter pradeep with rawat what if i want to replace a word like FRIENDS with a space simultaneously from the same file i m replacing pradeep. im doing this sed -e 's/console/raw/g' && sed 's/FRIENDS//g' but i dono why this is not happening. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: console
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] String Comparison

Hi I am beginner in writing shell scripting please tell me how to compare a string in Unix shell. i have two variables in a shell script, var1="00101 00201 00301 303 401 405" var2="101 201 301" i want to compare var1 with var2 . for example if 101 from Var1 present in Var2 or not. similarly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikesh29
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Length of each string

Hi I have a file which has sequences which look like this >String1 aqwertrtrytytyuuijhgddfghhhghhgjhjhhsswekrkmygppdslxmvbnhkwqalldrtjbllnlnlnnnvc >String2 qwwerrtyuiopasdfghjmnbvfklzxerbvcwghjjkoowwqerrtggbddqsdfgaqwcxzakjtyugfsdefrtgyhujiknbbbbcdcdcxsxsx zxzxcvcfcdcg >String3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sa@@
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] String integer comparison

I am trying to execute something like this file=/tmp/test.txt firstline=$(head -n 1 $file) value=`echo $firstline | cut -d'=' -f2` if then echo true fi i read the first line of a file, cut to the numeric value in the first line and check if it greater than 2 but for some... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhan_dc
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to get file name which contains certain string?

Hi Gurus, I need find which file contains certain string in one directory. when using cat * |grep "string", I can get the string name but no file name displayed. I am wondering if there is any option I can use to get which file contains this certain string. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Last occurrence of a string

I apologize if it was asked before but I couldn't find something related. I want to replace 2 strings in a file e.g pwddb=Lar1wod (need to replace string after =) pwdapp=Wde2xe (need to replace string after =) AND in same file want to find last occurrence of a string (SR2-134561),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: J_ang
2 Replies
pthread_detach(3C)														pthread_detach(3C)

NAME
pthread_detach - detach a thread SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... -lpthread [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when that thread terminates. In other words, pthread_detach() dynamically resets the detachstate attribute of the thread to PTHREAD_CRE- ATE_DETACHED. After a successful call to this function, it would not be necessary to reclaim the thread using pthread_join(). See pthread_join(3C). If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. If successful, pthread_detach() returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. The pthread_detach() function will fail if: EINVAL The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. ESRCH No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pthread_create(3C), pthread_join(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) 23 Mar 2005 pthread_detach(3C)