Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Install deb from alternate usb Post 302823837 by thailand on Thursday 20th of June 2013 01:17:03 AM
Old 06-20-2013
Install deb from alternate usb

I installed a command-line system ubuntu 12.04 from usb and that's work.
I don't have a internet connection so what I have to install must come from the alternate usb until I can let work my wireless.
I mount the usb to /media/cdrom but when I do sudo apt-get install xorg , then he ask me for the cd.
I uncommented cdrom on the file sources.list.
What can I do so apt-get find the usb with the alternate?
thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to install usb stick on Ultra 5 workstation?

anyone have directions? running solaris 9 thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. SCO

How to Install and Configure USB Printer in SCO 6

I'm new in SCO 6. I installed SCO 6 with NIC driver Properly. But I cann't install and Configure USB Printer In SCO 6. Any one help me? email: address deleted by the moderator (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karzon
0 Replies

3. SCO

SCO 6.0 MP 3 USB-UDI install fails

Hi All, When I install SCO 6.0 maintenance package 3 I get some mails: Message 338: From root Tue Nov 20 12:39:15 2007 From: Superuser <root@hocopart.hocoparts.local> X-Mailer: SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 Mail To: root@hocopart.hocoparts.local Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:39:15 +0100 (CET)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frederik1
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install a new system from a usb key

Hi everybody, I have several computers that are configured to install when I plug them on the network. The hard drive come's empty, but I think they have a parameter in the BIOS that allow the machines to install from the network. My problem is that in most cases, available bw is weak and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to install fedora 13 from a usb media....it should not like 'live'?

im using Dell Inspiron with windows 7 as operating system.....in my hard drive there is some 34 gb unpartitioned space and now i want to install fedora 13 into it, after installation it should be dual boot. problem here is... i have the fedora 13 image file ie fedora13-i386-DVD.iso file. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik437
13 Replies

6. Boot Loaders

How to install grub on USB flash drive?

I wanna install grub on my flash drive for rescue usage. My computer installs winxp, and I have fedora12 installed in vmware. I did like this: step1: format the flash drive as FAT in winXP. step2: in fedora12, mount the flash drive on /media/flash step3: excute the command: grub-install... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
10 Replies

7. Red Hat

install redhat linux 5 into usb disk

Hi, I have 2 question. 1)how can I install the redhat linux 5 into USB disk and boot from USB disk forever. 2) how can I backup an existing redhat linux from hd to USB by disk image and make the USB bootable afterward , so I can use usb disk to boot the linux in another machine .... Please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 install via live usb

Hello All, I am attempting to boot and install Solaris 11 via live USB on a HP DL580 Gen9 Server. Unfortunately, when I do this it boots into System Maintenance Mode. The attachment (Pic1) shows what I am seeing via the console. The BIOS is in UEFI boot. Does not work on legacy mode as I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kerbi
15 Replies

9. Solaris

Can't install 11.3 from USB on 5220

Hi, I have T5220 sparc server and I want to install Solaris 11.3 on that. From notes, I know that 11.4 will not be supported. It is old server, which had hardware RAID (with SAS card). I removed connection from that card and directly inserted both cables on motherboard because I want to get rid... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies
APT-CDROM(8)								APT							      APT-CDROM(8)

NAME
apt-cdrom - APT CD-ROM management utility SYNOPSIS
apt-cdrom [-rmfan] [-d=cdrom_mount_point] [-o=config_string] [-c=config_file] {add | ident | {-v | --version} | {-h | --help}} DESCRIPTION
apt-cdrom is used to add a new CD-ROM to APT's list of available sources. apt-cdrom takes care of determining the structure of the disc as well as correcting for several possible mis-burns and verifying the index files. It is necessary to use apt-cdrom to add CDs to the APT system; it cannot be done by hand. Furthermore each disc in a multi-CD set must be inserted and scanned separately to account for possible mis-burns. Unless the -h, or --help option is given, one of the commands below must be present. add add is used to add a new disc to the source list. It will unmount the CD-ROM device, prompt for a disc to be inserted and then proceed to scan it and copy the index files. If the disc does not have a proper .disk directory you will be prompted for a descriptive title. APT uses a CD-ROM ID to track which disc is currently in the drive and maintains a database of these IDs in /var/lib/apt/cdroms.list ident A debugging tool to report the identity of the current disc as well as the stored file name OPTIONS
All command line options may be set using the configuration file, the descriptions indicate the configuration option to set. For boolean options you can override the config file by using something like -f-,--no-f, -f=no or several other variations. --no-auto-detect, --cdrom Do not try to auto-detect the CD-ROM path. Usually combined with the --cdrom option. Configuration Item: Acquire::cdrom::AutoDetect. -d, --cdrom Mount point; specify the location to mount the CD-ROM. This mount point must be listed in /etc/fstab and properly configured. Configuration Item: Acquire::cdrom::mount. -r, --rename Rename a disc; change the label of a disc or override the disc's given label. This option will cause apt-cdrom to prompt for a new label. Configuration Item: APT::CDROM::Rename. -m, --no-mount No mounting; prevent apt-cdrom from mounting and unmounting the mount point. Configuration Item: APT::CDROM::NoMount. -f, --fast Fast Copy; Assume the package files are valid and do not check every package. This option should be used only if apt-cdrom has been run on this disc before and did not detect any errors. Configuration Item: APT::CDROM::Fast. -a, --thorough Thorough Package Scan; This option may be needed with some old Debian 1.1/1.2 discs that have Package files in strange places. It takes much longer to scan the CD but will pick them all up. -n, --just-print, --recon, --no-act No Changes; Do not change the sources.list(5) file and do not write index files. Everything is still checked however. Configuration Item: APT::CDROM::NoAct. -h, --help Show a short usage summary. -v, --version Show the program version. -c, --config-file Configuration File; Specify a configuration file to use. The program will read the default configuration file and then this configuration file. If configuration settings need to be set before the default configuration files are parsed specify a file with the APT_CONFIG environment variable. See apt.conf(5) for syntax information. -o, --option Set a Configuration Option; This will set an arbitrary configuration option. The syntax is -o Foo::Bar=bar. -o and --option can be used multiple times to set different options. SEE ALSO
apt.conf(5), apt-get(8), sources.list(5) DIAGNOSTICS
apt-cdrom returns zero on normal operation, decimal 100 on error. BUGS
APT bug page[1]. If you wish to report a bug in APT, please see /usr/share/doc/debian/bug-reporting.txt or the reportbug(1) command. AUTHORS
Jason Gunthorpe APT team NOTES
1. APT bug page http://bugs.debian.org/src:apt APT 1.6.3ubuntu0.1 30 November 2013 APT-CDROM(8)