Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to give a user sudo permissions Post 302823313 by Revanth547 on Wednesday 19th of June 2013 06:24:51 AM
Old 06-19-2013
Script to give a user sudo permissions

Can some one please let me know a script which gives the user sudo permissions?

Thanks in advance....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

To give the "unzip" permissions & "create" file permissions

Hi, I am a Unix Admin. I have to give the permissions to a user for creating new file in a directory in HP-Ux 11.11 system since he cannot able to create a new file in the directory. Thanks in advance. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to give sudo access to subdirectories?

Say I want to give someone access to /example/directory/* where * equals all the sub directories inside of /example/directory I tried doing something like joe DEV1=(ROOT) /example/directory/ But that doesn't seem to want to work. If I give him the full subdirectory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give permissions to an open file in vi editor?

Hi all, I have a shell script that i started editing, only in the midst of which i tried to save the changes i found that the file wasnt been provided with write/execute permissions. I later have redone the changes and saved the file- Just curious to know if there was any command wherein... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pankajakshan
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to give non root user sudo to "crontab -l"

Does anyone know if this is possible? I want to give some users access to root's crontab but only with a read privilege. Is this possible to do or can only root or people with full root sudo view root's cron? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezoX
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo su - user in a shell script

Normally i would google, but I did not know how to google the problem I am facing now also being a newbie in shell scripting. Okay, the requirement is user1 has sudo rule to su - user2(NO PASSWORD) and user2 has will be able to sudo certain commands so following works fine from command prompt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beEnthu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive script to give user option of what text to add

Hello all, I have created a script that will remove the first two lines of one text file (body.txt) and then add the text from a different text file (header.txt) directly to the beginning of the freshly modified body.txt file. It is as follows: #!/bin/bash ## This script will add a header... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to give sudo entry in .profile file in Solaris?

Hi all, In Solaris , What entry should I add in my .profile file in home directory so that every time I don't have to give Sudo's full path like /usr/local/bin/sudo as well as /usr/sbin/ping and it will be Great help if you could tell me how to know what should be added. Please Advice.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to give sudo access to the personal id's to that of application id in Solaris 10?

Hi, I am using solaris 10. Requirement is I need to give sudo access to the normal id's to the application userid. Example:I have an personal id calle "rzynv5" on the solaris server.I have an application id called "gmdidp".Requirement here is when user logged in as rzynv5 next thing he... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script without execute permissions will work for a user?

Please help me to understand the issue: Issue: There are shell scripts in a user home directory (/home/user_1) without execute permissions (rw-r--r--) to owner,group and world These shell scripts were able to execute/work previously but its not working now and it says permission denied or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MSK_1990
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to give permissions to read write but not delete the file?

i want to give users the ability to create write and read files in other user directory , but not to have option to delete the file after created ( sticky bit not going to work here ... ) for example : i have user : manager with directory repository i have user : worker1 that need to write... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
4 Replies
SSSD-SUDO(5)						   File Formats and Conventions 					      SSSD-SUDO(5)

NAME
sssd-sudo - Configuring sudo with the SSSD back end DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes how to configure sudo(8) to work with sssd(8) and how SSSD caches sudo rules. CONFIGURING SUDO TO COOPERATE WITH SSSD
To enable SSSD as a source for sudo rules, add sss to the sudoers entry in nsswitch.conf(5). For example, to configure sudo to first lookup rules in the standard sudoers(5) file (which should contain rules that apply to local users) and then in SSSD, the nsswitch.conf file should contain the following line: sudoers: files sss More information about configuring the sudoers search order from the nsswitch.conf file as well as information about the LDAP schema that is used to store sudo rules in the directory can be found in sudoers.ldap(5). Note: in order to use netgroups or IPA hostgroups in sudo rules, you also need to correctly set nisdomainname(1) to your NIS domain name (which equals to IPA domain name when using hostgroups). CONFIGURING SSSD TO FETCH SUDO RULES
All configuration that is needed on SSSD side is to extend the list of services with "sudo" in [sssd] section of sssd.conf(5). To speed up the LDAP lookups, you can also set search base for sudo rules using ldap_sudo_search_base option. The following example shows how to configure SSSD to download sudo rules from an LDAP server. [sssd] config_file_version = 2 services = nss, pam, sudo domains = EXAMPLE [domain/EXAMPLE] id_provider = ldap sudo_provider = ldap ldap_uri = ldap://example.com ldap_sudo_search_base = ou=sudoers,dc=example,dc=com When the SSSD is configured to use IPA as the ID provider, the sudo provider is automatically enabled. The sudo search base is configured to use the compat tree (ou=sudoers,$DC). THE SUDO RULE CACHING MECHANISM
The biggest challenge, when developing sudo support in SSSD, was to ensure that running sudo with SSSD as the data source provides the same user experience and is as fast as sudo but keeps providing the most current set of rules as possible. To satisfy these requirements, SSSD uses three kinds of updates. They are referred to as full refresh, smart refresh and rules refresh. The smart refresh periodically downloads rules that are new or were modified after the last update. Its primary goal is to keep the database growing by fetching only small increments that do not generate large amounts of network traffic. The full refresh simply deletes all sudo rules stored in the cache and replaces them with all rules that are stored on the server. This is used to keep the cache consistent by removing every rule which was deleted from the server. However, full refresh may produce a lot of traffic and thus it should be run only occasionally depending on the size and stability of the sudo rules. The rules refresh ensures that we do not grant the user more permission than defined. It is triggered each time the user runs sudo. Rules refresh will find all rules that apply to this user, check their expiration time and redownload them if expired. In the case that any of these rules are missing on the server, the SSSD will do an out of band full refresh because more rules (that apply to other users) may have been deleted. If enabled, SSSD will store only rules that can be applied to this machine. This means rules that contain one of the following values in sudoHost attribute: o keyword ALL o wildcard o netgroup (in the form "+netgroup") o hostname or fully qualified domain name of this machine o one of the IP addresses of this machine o one of the IP addresses of the network (in the form "address/mask") There are many configuration options that can be used to adjust the behavior. Please refer to "ldap_sudo_*" in sssd-ldap(5) and "sudo_*" in sssd.conf(5). SEE ALSO
sssd(8), sssd.conf(5), sssd-ldap(5), sssd-krb5(5), sssd-simple(5), sssd-ipa(5), sssd-ad(5), sssd-sudo(5),sss_cache(8), sss_debuglevel(8), sss_groupadd(8), sss_groupdel(8), sss_groupshow(8), sss_groupmod(8), sss_useradd(8), sss_userdel(8), sss_usermod(8), sss_obfuscate(8), sss_seed(8), sssd_krb5_locator_plugin(8), sss_ssh_authorizedkeys(8), sss_ssh_knownhostsproxy(8),pam_sss(8). AUTHORS
The SSSD upstream - http://fedorahosted.org/sssd SSSD
06/17/2014 SSSD-SUDO(5)