Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Background job issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Background job issue Post 302822875 by rafa_fed2 on Tuesday 18th of June 2013 10:24:54 AM
Old 06-18-2013
sample.sh is a parameterized script.

sample.sh $account_num

i will execute this script in for loop and needs to bring it in the for ground for every account number

How can i do it?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

background job

I try to run a script as background job. script: #!/usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/date +20%y-%m-%d > ~/datsql.txt If I start it I got this output: tac> ./datermitteln& 293 + Stopped (SIGTTOU) ./datermitteln& I insert the following line inside my script, but without any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joerg
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Background job

Hiya, Recently I've run a few scripts in the foreground, but have realised later they should of been better nohup'd and placed in the background. I understand how to change a foreground job into a background one, but how would put the job into the nohup state? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdbooth
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

background job

on gnome i open a terminal and run wget http://soommmething & in the background. because wget shows me downloading progress percentage and download speed continuously, I exit the gnome-terminal after a while i want to see the download percentage but dont know how. my ps -u myname shows that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babayeve
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get background job to foreground

hi, i am just wondering that wen we give the following code we make a process run in background...can the viceversa be performed?i.e can this be made foreground again # sleep 75& 21751 # (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandilya
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot submit a background job

Hi all, I am currently facing a problem when i am submitting a script to run in the background to collect statistics round the clock on an AIX box. I don't have root authority nor can I set it in cron. So when i submit the job, it runs fine, but won't let me signoff. It prompts me that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tansha
2 Replies

6. AIX

Question on background running job

Guys, We use AIX 5.3 at our work place. I only in my team have a strange problem of not able run jobs background. Other colleagues are able to run without any problem. Once I kick off background job using nohup and & command, It immediately stops. The following error I get when I run. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandsbr
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Background job when completed

Hello - I submitted one background job last night and it completed today morning.I want to know exact time the job completed. I submitted backgroung job like this nohup cp -Rp /opt/apps/prod/proddb/proddata . & I want to know when above job completed on UNIX server.Above command... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mansoor8810
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

suspend a *background* running job

Is there a way to suspend (TSTP?) a job that is running in the background, _without_ first bringing it to the foreground and inputting Ctrl-Z from the keyboard? IOW, something similar to issuing the shell's bg builtin command on a job ID to resume a job that is suspended in the background,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Background Job

Hello Everyody, Having a doubt. sort file1 & when we sent a job to the background it returns Job Number PID again if we want to ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knroy10
1 Replies
play_sample(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					      play_sample(3alleg4)

NAME
play_sample - Plays a sample. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int play_sample(const SAMPLE *spl, int vol, int pan, int freq, int loop); DESCRIPTION
Triggers a sample at the specified volume, pan position, and frequency. The parameters `vol' and `pan' range from 0 (min/left) to 255 (max/right). Frequency is relative rather than absolute: 1000 represents the frequency that the sample was recorded at, 2000 is twice this, etc. If `loop' is not zero, the sample will repeat until you call stop_sample(), and can be manipulated while it is playing by call- ing adjust_sample(). Example: /* Scream from the left speaker, twice the freq. */ int sound = play_sample(scream, 255, 0, 2000, 0); RETURN VALUE
Returns the voice number that was allocated for the sample or negative if no voices were available. SEE ALSO
install_sound(3alleg4), load_sample(3alleg4), adjust_sample(3alleg4), stop_sample(3alleg4), exsample(3alleg4), exsprite(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 play_sample(3alleg4)