Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cargo cult programming...
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Cargo cult programming... Post 302818511 by jgt on Friday 7th of June 2013 03:45:58 PM
Old 06-07-2013
All the time. Sometimes you have to learn a new language just for one job. I had never heard of that expression in forty years of programming by the way.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c programming on vi

i am new in linux environment .I have used vi editor of Unix to get a programe compiled through "gcc ".kindly give me the options to get a program compiled & executed written in c on vi editor. I want the command to compile a file and the command to get that compiled file executed with any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajraius
2 Replies

2. Programming

c programming or unix programming!?

i would like advice on the usbject of c programming (in the middle of reading a book on C). could i benefit more if i apply that knowledge in the unix format if i were able to, or would that take the point out of learning C, basically I want to stay away from strying too far away from unix and use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Systems Programming Vs Unix Programming

Several months ago I found a link that explained the difference between how a Unix Systems Admin would do scripting compared to what a Unix Programmer would do. It showed a basic script and then show several iterations that explained how the Systems Admin would change it to make it better. I was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
0 Replies

4. Programming

C++ programming

Sorry to ask this question here... where can I find a C++ programming thread? Thanks guys! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadiamihu
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

6. Programming

C Programming - Hardware Programming

Can someone help me on suggesting some ways to access the memory content in RAM directly from C/C++ source code. Please provide me any book name or any URL so that I can get an exhaustive knowledge over it. If possible please give me some tips on interacting with hardwares directly through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandumishra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sh programming

I have started writing one script. It is not taking the if block. Here is the script: #!/bin/sh set USER='/usr/ucb/whoami' ####################################################################### #Killing Process #######################################################################... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarpreetka
6 Replies

8. Programming

Help with C programming

for a question like this Assume you have a server with two clients and two child processes. The server retrieves data from the children through a pipe (one each) and writes data to the clients through a socket (one each). child1 produces data for client1, and child2 for client2. Write a C... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies
QRQ(1)								   User Manuals 							    QRQ(1)

NAME
qrq - High speed Morse telegraphy trainer SYNOPSIS
qrq qrqscore [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
qrq is an open source Morse code trainer for various platforms and operating systems, similar to the classic DOS version of Rufz by DL4MM. It's not intended for learning telegraphy (have a look at http://radio.linux.org.au/ for CW learning software), but to improve the ability to copy callsigns at high speeds, as needed for example for contesting. After starting the software and setting up the parameters (speed, CW waveform...), the program sends 50 amateur radio callsigns. When entering a copied callsign correctly, the speed increases, otherwise it decreases. Points are awarded for correctly copied callsigns, depending on the speed. A scoreboard/toplist exists on the author's website, at http://fkurz.net/ham/qrqtop.php. The local toplist file can be synchronized with the online toplist with qrqscore -d and you can upload your own top scores by invoking qrqscore -u. FILES
qrqrc Default configuration file callbase.qcb Database of amateur radio callsigns used by qrq. Other files may be loaded. toplist Default toplist file qrq is looking for these files in the current directory, in ~/.qrq/ or in DESTDIR/share/qrq/ (in that order). In the latter case, ~/.qrq/ is created, for an user-specific toplist and configuration. AUTHOR
Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK <mail@fkurz.net> - http://fkurz.net/ham/qrq.html SEE ALSO
morse(1) Linux December 2011 QRQ(1)