Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Nslookup how to remove interactive prompt Post 302816799 by Corona688 on Tuesday 4th of June 2013 03:24:47 PM
Old 06-04-2013
Code:
echo -en "set q=any\nwww.google.com\nexit\n" | nslookup 2>/dev/null | grep AAAA

Also, echo -e isn't portable, I suggest printf, which is:

Code:
printf "set q=any\nwww.google.com\nexit\n" | nslookup 2>/dev/null | grep AAAA

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

nslookup strangness

hi, what would cause the nslookup to work one way but not the other? for most machine it works both ways. >nslookup 172.18.10.235 Server: 172.16.17.3 Address: 172.16.17.3#53 235.10.18.172.in-addr.arpa name = machine1.prod.local >nslookup machine1 Server: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: purest
3 Replies

2. Solaris

rm -r does not disable interactive prompt

For some reason, when I try to delete files using rm -r, it doesn not disable the interactive prompt. Any ideas? I am on a sun solaris 10 box. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrx1350
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

nslookup for Unix

I am connecting from windows via Putty to some other Unix server. How can I display my current windows MachineName/NTID in putty? Thanks :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
4 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Interactive / Non Interactive Shell script

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rits
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect, save to file and remove before prompt

I have an Expect script which works very well. It logs into my remote routers and runs some commands and then to the next until finished. I need two things, first I need to save the output to a file from where the log_user 1 begins. expect << EOF set timeout 15 #set var "exit " match_max... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: numele
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

nslookup: am I doing it right?

Hi guys, I'm back to get some help again :) I have a file that has a list of IP addresses, and I use nslookup in my script to resolve hostnames of those IPs. the problem I'm facing is that I not all the hostnames got resolved! and I don't know why. sometimes the same duplicate IP returns a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abdulelah
8 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Nslookup!!! Please look up!!!

Hi all Nslookup command returns!!!! Code: nslookup 10.91.44.29 Server: 127.0.0.1 Address: 127.0.0.1#53 29.44.91.in-addr.arpa name = station1.example.com Code: nslookup station1.example.com Server: 127.0.0.1 Address: 127.0.0.1#53 Name: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I remove or hide SunOS version/release from remote login prompt?

For any SunOS 5.XX release, it appears prior to the "login:" prompt (as if a "uname" command is run). Would anyone know where that initial display of SunOS release comes from upon a remote login and how I can stop if from displaying? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssid61
4 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)