Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers CPU with long hours in top, is this bad? Post 302814773 by rbatte1 on Thursday 30th of May 2013 07:57:42 AM
Old 05-30-2013
When you say 43 databases, do you mean that there are 43 SIDs running and therefore 43 pmon processes? If this is the case, then I'm not surprised that the process you are seeing has lots of work to do, just keeping track of them all.

If you mean 43 schemas in one SID (one pmon process) then this is a little more worrying, but I suppose the question is "Are you seeing any performance problems?"

Robin
Liverpool/Blackburn
UK

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual CPU's and 'top'

Hi have just built a new sunfire 280r with solaris 9 and i Have 2 questions 1) where can i view some information that will tell me for definate that the 2*900 mhz processors are both being used, i tried using "top" but it doesnt tell me for sure that both processors are churning away together ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

N00b question on CPU % in top

I have a process in my TOP output that is consistantly at 97% usage. I have 16 CPUs on my box. So is the 97% the cumalative usage of all the CPUs or just one? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kskywr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

top %CPU.

I am using the Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon), 2.4.21-4.EL. When I see the output of the command 'top'. I am getting the following ************************************************************************************ 2 processes: 227 sleeping, 5 running, 0 zombie, 0 stopped... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

5. AIX

Need a list of top 10 CPU using processes (also top 10 memory hogs, separately)

Okay, I am trying to come up with a multi-platform script to report top ten CPU and memory hog processes, which will be run by our enterprise monitoring application as an auto-action item when the CPU and Memory utilization gets reported as higher than a certain threshold I use top on other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenomad
5 Replies

6. Solaris

top is showing 0% cpu Idle

What should we do if we show a 0% cpu idl on top? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

Bad performance but Low CPU loading?

There might be some problem with my server, because every morning at 7, it's performance become bad with no DB extra deadlock. But I just couldn't figure it out. Please give me some advise, thanks a lot... According to the CPU performace chart, Daily CPU loading Maximum: 42 %, Average:36%. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GreenShery
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Long running thread limited to 1.5% cpu

I have some long running threads on a T5220 / Solaris 10 box and it seems they never get more then 1.5% of cpu per thread. Is there a way to give a thread more cpu on the T5220's? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcthreader
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Help me Solaris 10&11 cpu load average states for 24 hours report

need to capture the following data on an hourly basis without cronjob scheduling in Solaris 5.10/5.11:- 1. load averages 2. Total no. of processes. 3. CPU state 4. Memory 5. Top 3 process details. any other third-party tool is available? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoranam
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

Understanding cpu consumption with TOP

Hi please see attached picture of the TOP command. the "java" process seem to consume 700% of cpu is that mean that he uses 100% of every 7 cpu cores? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
2 Replies
killall(1M)															       killall(1M)

NAME
killall - kill all active processes SYNOPSIS
[signal] DESCRIPTION
is a procedure used by to kill all active processes not directly related to the shutdown procedure. is chiefly used to terminate all processes with open files so that the mounted file systems are no longer busy and can be unmounted. sends the specified signal to all user processes in the system, with the following exceptions: the process; all processes (including background processes) associated with the terminal from which was invoked; any process, if owned by any process, if owned by any process; any process; any process. obtains its process information from and therefore may not be able to perfectly identify which processes to signal (see ps(1)). If no signal is specified, a default of (kill) is used. is invoked automatically by The use of is recommended over using by itself (see shutdown(1M)). FILES
SEE ALSO
fuser(1M), kill(1), ps(1), shutdown(1M), signal(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
killall(1M)