Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed newbie question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed newbie question Post 302810241 by Yoda on Tuesday 21st of May 2013 12:29:06 PM
Old 05-21-2013
That should work! You can also try:
Code:
sed 's/../& /g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Very new newbie question

sorry if im not asking inthe right spot but, how do you turn the beeping off every time you hit a key onthe keyboard. I tried the click -n but it told me it didnt recognize click any help would be greatly appreciated ( the beeping is not going over well in the surrounding cubicles) thank you... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Split100
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

newbie question

hey all, I have repeatedly seen scripts containing the following syntax, grep "hello" $myfile >> $log 2>&1 can anyone explain exactly what "2>&1" mean? THANK YOU (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

newbie question

I am taking a db classes toward oracle 10g. I am taking unix as well . I need to know what is the best option for os . should I use linux fedora. or get a sun box and start learning from there. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xzyan
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie question?

What is the best way to learn UNIX on the web, with out buying books? any link would be much help. Thank you in advance, L (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lsoria1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED question: newbie here.

Hello... I wanted to figure out how to remove the 1st instance of a comma from a file.. 100+ line file ------------- 'test1' ,'dudes are cool' <-- remove comma from first instance of comma in file ,'cool dude' ,'bbbbbb' I tried everything from cat jigar|tr , >1.txt to cat jigar|sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX newbie NEWBIE question!

Hello everyone, Just started UNIX today! In our school we use solaris. I just want to know how do I setup Solaris 10 not the GUI one, the one where you have to type the commands like ECHO, ls, pwd, etc... I have windows xp and I also have vmware. I hope I am not missing anything! :p (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hanamachi
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl newbie . &&..programming newbie (question 2)

Hello everyone, I am having to do a lot of perl scripting these days and I am learning a lot. I have this problem I want to move files from a folder and all its sub folders to one parent folder, they are all .gz files.. there is folder1\folder2\*.gz and there are about 50 folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xytiz
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

newbie question

Hi all, I am sure this is very simple but I cant quite get it. I am trying to search textfile1.txt for a string then take the results of the search and append the result to textfile3.txt So far I have used $ find file1.txt -exec grep "string i am looking for" '{}' \; -print this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radgator
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed Newbie Question

Hello everyone I could really need some help. I want to rename : with dot. But the problem is that i don't want to touch the hours like 12:00 but i want to change AD:FG with AD.FG. I'm thinking something like : to . I don't know if i explain it corrrectly but i could use some help Thanks... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoe
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does this do (newbie question)...

I was looking through some code online and came accross this... ls *.txt | grep text1 | cat file1 – file2 | `echo wc –l` I know what "ls|grep text1" does and I know a word count gets echoed but beyond that I am confused. Please use layman terms as much as possible as I am a newbie. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: elohssa
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)