Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Libvirt does not work correctly anymore on my gentoo Post 302807447 by darktux on Tuesday 14th of May 2013 05:25:03 PM
Old 05-14-2013
I've tested this version. Same result.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

vsft doesn't work correctly

I install vsftpd server on 2 SUSE 10.2 servers. The first works perfectly, but the second doesn't work how I expect. The second works only over local network and doesn't over internet. The vsftpd.conf and ../xinetd.d/vsftpd are the same in 2 servers. The only different was when I threw to log in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhivko.neychev
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connection doesn't work anymore

Hello, first of all, I want to make myself clear about my language. I'm brazilian, so I ask you all to understand if i commit any mistake with the grammar. Here is the problem. Some days ago I needed to use a "sh" command in the Terminal (I use a Mac OSX 10.5.6) followed by a file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anubisbr
0 Replies

3. Programming

Cannot get dbx to work correctly with a running process

Hi everyone, I've been struggling with this for a few weeks now. I'm trying to debug a running process with dbx on an AIX box. The command I'm using is 'dbx -a <pid> core' There is a function I can perform in my application that crashes this process, but it does not show up as crashed in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctote
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pkill won't work on firefox anymore

Can someone tell me why pkill won't work on firefox anymore? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Color prompt with file numbers does not work anymore

I have used this color prompt on my servers for long time, in file ~\.bashrc Black="\" Dark="\" Blue="\" LBlue="\" Green="\" LGreen="\" Cyan="\" LCyan="\" Red="\" LRed="\" Purple="\" LPurple="\" Brown="\" Yellow="\" LGray="\" White="\" Reset="\" PS1="$Yellow\u@\h $LBlue\w... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
4 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Experience with libvirt netfilter API

Hi all, I would like to get some ideas and opinions on matter of libvirt netfilter application in KVM environment. I am looking for some easy way to control it with an API and possible experience with that and its performance in real life application. Thanks for all ideas (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smoofy
0 Replies

7. SCO

Set NIC correctly , but the network does not work

I'm trying to virtualize an instance of SCO Open Server 5.0.2c in VirtualBox (called VM- A) , I can not configure the network (NIC). The NIC I'm using is PCnet -FAST III (Am79C973 ) (this NIC works with VirtualBox + SCO 5.0.5M) When I add from ' Add new LAN adapter' I detects the NIC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
2 Replies

8. Gentoo

LDAP-Auth does not work correctly with systemd

Hi, since the upgrade to Gnome 3.6 (now i have 3.8) the authentication over LDAP stops working. The whole machine does not start anymore. The machine boot, but no gdm and no X. I can login, with root, but then the tty hangs. When i look at ttyF12 i see a lot of systemd service the runs random,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darktux
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Work with setsid to open a session and close it correctly

I would like to create the following script: run a python script with setsid python may or may not fail with exception check if all of the group processes were terminated correctly if not, kill the remaining processes How can I do that? Thanks a lot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASF Studio
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why does this awk script not work correctly?

I have a large database with English on the left hand side and Indic words on the left hand. It so happens that since the Indic words have been entered by hand, there are duplicates in the entries. The structure is as under: English headword=Indic gloss,Indic gloss A small sample will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
6 Replies
GUSPNP(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 GUSPNP(4)

NAME
guspnp -- Am78C201 audio device driver SYNOPSIS
guspnp* at isapnp? audio* at audiobus? There should be no limit caused by the driver on the number of drivers or cards active in the system. DESCRIPTION
The guspnp driver provides support for audio subsystems using the Interwave (Am78C20x) family of ICs, usually the Gravis Ultrasound Plug and Play. Unlike the gus driver guspnp driver does not require any local memory for the IC, but uses the codec for both playback and recording. The guspnp driver can simultaneously playback and record 8- and 16-bit samples at frequencies from 5.51kHz to 48kHz. The guspnp driver relies on isapnp to allocate suitable resources for it. This version of the driver only uses the first logical device of the five the Interwave IC has. The four unused logical devices are the ATAPI CD-ROM device, PnP Joystick device, legacy soundcard emulation device (SoundBlaster) and MIDI serial device. Support for at least ATAPI CD-ROM and Joystick is being worked on. This version of the driver will use 1 IRQ and 2 DRQs. HARDWARE
Cards supported by the guspnp driver include: Gravis Ultrasound PNP, and compatibles SEE ALSO
audio(4), gus(4), isapnp(4) REFERENCES
Interwave(tm) IC Am78C201/202 Programmer's Guide Rev. 2. 1996. Advanced Micro Devices. HISTORY
The guspnp driver appeared in NetBSD 1.3. AUTHORS
Kari Mettinen <Kari.Mettinen@helsinki.fi>, University of Helsinki. BUGS
Sometimes you can cause a hiss on either left or right channel, or both. You can usually make it disappear by playing random data, however this might not be a very nice thing to your audio equipment, but it is the only way I have found out to be effective. Only the Codec is used in this version of the driver, therefore only 2 channels are supported (left and right). Also sound quality is proba- bly worse at lower kHz compared to playing through the synthesizer which does interpolation. If the implementation has a 'bad' oscillator, using frequencies 44.8kHz and 38.4kHz will result in incorrect playback frequency. The author has a GUS PnP Pro which displays this behavior. Other members of the Interwave family have not been tested and don't have the glue needed to make them work. Should someone need to implement it, not many changes in the existing code are needed. Output voltage control in register CFIG2 [7] should be set differently for some other members of the family. Other architectures than i386 haven't been tested. The bus_space abstraction has been used from the beginning, so it should work. BSD
June 22, 2005 BSD