Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File modification help: without manual editing through vi : Post 302807365 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 14th of May 2013 03:00:24 PM
Old 05-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rveri
Don,
Thanks,
The desired script should find lan5:5 , and then to decide the [8] string, then remove all the lines having [8] entires. Can we put the condition for finding lan5:5 and then do the editing on the file to remove the lines.
- As without seeing the file I do not know if the lines I am going to remove has the pattern of [8] , but what I know is lan5:5 . Hope you got it.

Code:
BROADCAST_ADDRESS[5]="10.140.236.255"
INTERFACE_STATE[5]="up"
DHCP_ENABLE[5]="0"
INTERFACE_MODULES[5]=""
ROUTE_DESTINATION[2]=default
ROUTE_GATEWAY[2]=10.40.118.4
ROUTE_COUNT[2]=1
INTERFACE_NAME[8]="lan5:5"
IP_ADDRESS[8]="10.140.220.62"
SUBNET_MASK[8]="255.255.255.0"
BROADCAST_ADDRESS[8]="10.140.220.255"
INTERFACE_STATE[8]="up"
DHCP_ENABLE[8]="0"
INTERFACE_MODULES[8]=""
INTERFACE_NAME[10]="lan5:7"
IP_ADDRESS[10]="10.140.239.62"
SUBNET_MASK[10]="255.255.255.0"
BROADCAST_ADDRESS[10]="10.140.239.255"
INTERFACE_STATE[10]="up"
DHCP_ENABLE[10]="0"

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your requirements. It is obvious that we have a language barrier. Are you saying that you:
  1. want to find a line that contains lan5:5,
  2. find a digit string between [ and ] on that line, and then
  3. remove every line in the file that contains that digit string between [ and ]?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File modification

Dear all, i have a file which contains this lines. 0-0 CC=1 0-01 0-011 0-0111 0-01110 F=500 CC=1 L=15 M=5 TRD=3948... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the file modification time of a file on nfs mount point

Hi I am accessing a file on nfs mounted device, after completing using of the file, i am tring to restore the access time and modification times of the file. So i got the previous modified time of the file using stat() function and trying to set the date and time for the file, To set these... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File modification history

Can anyone please suggest an alternate command for "stat" . I am trying this on Solaris 5.9 , but the command doesn't exist. Basically i need to see one particalar file modification history. Any help is appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk1216
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

txt file modification which is beyond me

Dear all, I 'd like to create a new txt file using the old file. For example, in old file, if count=2 then in new file, repeat that row twice, with the only difference is: on the first row, 'start' column contains the 1st apart of the 'start' in the old file; while in the 2nd row, the 'start'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with file modification

Hi, I have a file test.txt . The contain of the file is as below : 365798~SAPUS~PR5~0000799005~ADM CHARG MEDCAL INS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SLAC480 I want to modify this file. And file contain loking like "365798"~"SAPUS"~"PR5"~"0000799005"~"ADM CHARG MEDCAL... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for File Modification

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt. cat abcd.txt output is as follows : "aa"~"bb"~"001"~""~""~"cc" "dd"~"005"~"" ~""~"kk"~"aa"~"00 8"~""~""~ I want the output looking like: cat abcd.txt "aa"~"bb"~"001"~""~""~ "cc""dd"~"005"~""~""~ "kk"~"aa"~"008"~""~""~ I have a script. (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi All, I have a file disk_space.log. cat disk_space.log 94% / 32% /boot 38% /mnt/data 100% /media/CDROM I want the output, like cat disk_space.log 94% / 100% /media/CDROM That means print the line those are grater-than 90%. And rest of the line is remove from file. I have a... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi All, I have a file. This file contain huge amount of data. I want to modify this file. I want enter new line when count of "~ character is 79. Please find below the code : cat file_name | tr -d '\n' | sed... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Modification

Hi, I have a file input.txt. cat input.txt output is as follows : Code: "0001"~"name"~"bb"~"20.25"~""~""~"0002"~"name" "dd"~"35.50"~"" ~""~"0003"~"name"~"aa"~"21.3 5"~""~""~ I want the output looking like: cat output.txt Code: "0001"~"name"~"bb"~"20.25"~""~""~... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help For File modification

Hi, I have a file. File contains are as follows : Feb 19, 2012 5:05:00 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080 Feb 19, 2012 5:05:00 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load INFO: Initialization processed in 771 ms Feb 20, 2012... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)                                              CDBS Documentation                                              CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
cdbs-edit-patch - create or edit a CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch SYNOPSIS
cdbs-edit-patch patchname DESCRIPTION
cdbs-edit-patch creates or edits patches for use by the CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch system. For more information about CDBS please see the documentation under /usr/share/doc/cdbs/. When patchname exists, cdbs-edit-patch will set up a temporary working source tree, apply all patches up to and including patchname in lex- icographic order, and spawn an interactive shell for the developer. The developer can then edit files in this working tree. When the developer is done and exits the shell, cdbs-edit-patch updates patchname to reflect the changes made. To abort the process from the inter- active shell, exit with a nonzero exit value. When patchname does not exist, cdbs-edit-patch will assume that a new patch should be created. As with the above scenario, cdbs-edit-patch will first create a temporary working source tree and apply all patches up to the new patch in lexicographic order. When the shell is quit, cdbs-edit-patch will create patchname. AUTHOR
CDBS was written by Colin Walters and others. cdbs-edit-patch was written by Martin Pitt. This manual page was written by Peter Eisen- traut based on the dpatch-edit-patch(1) manual page. SEE ALSO
CDBS documentation in /usr/share/doc/cdbs/, /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/simple-patchsys.mk, dpatch-edit-patch(1), quilt(1) Debian 5 Feb 2006 CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)