Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Partial File Transfer using scp Post 302807289 by Corona688 on Tuesday 14th of May 2013 12:37:04 PM
Old 05-14-2013
Could you post the script that calls it please?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP file transfer command on solaris

I need to transfer multiple files using SCP between two solaris machines. Can somebody explain how to achieve that ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthum
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX - SCP File Transfer

Hi, How do i know if the files are transferred succesfully when i use SCP to transfer files between 2 servers. One more is i am trying to send all the files in a single shot by using * to save the connection time. So can i know when the scp breakes in the middle scp $sourcepath/*... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer using scp..

Hi Frdz I have a problem like. I need to transfer a file from source to destination (different systems with different IPs) using "scp" command and before transfer the file i have to check the file is available in destination or not, if it is there no need to transfer, otherwise we have to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File transfer using SCP

I have a shell script which uses SCP command to transfer the files from one server to another server. The files are getting transferred successfully, but the problem is the files transferred to the destination server didnot have the permissions as that of the files on the source server. Command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarm
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp command for multiple file transfer.

FILE_LIST="{a.txt,b.txt,cal*}" scp -r $..$REMOTE_PATH$FILE_LIST $LOCAL_PATH This script passes only when all the three files are transfere, wat if only two file are transfered, but still I was to make the return code as pass. is it possible. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangea
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp command for file transfer

I am not able to throw a file from server173 to server067 i.e. wlsuser@server173> scp /tmp/harsha.txt wlsuser@server067:/tmp fails However, I am able to pull a file from server173 onto server067's /tmp dir wlsuser@server067> scp wlsuser@server173:/tmp/harsha.txt /tmp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP - File transfer message

Whenever I transfer file through SCP between two server it gives below given message.....Is there a way to avoid it.... Target server : newyork $ scp ABC27801.iue newyork:./iABC/x0017801.iue Message ===== This system is for the use of authorized users only. Individuals using this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pash
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP File Transfer

I have 3 AIX server namely - Server 1 , Server 2 and Server 3. And have done SCP setup between Server 1 and Server 2 so that i dont have to give password when i transfer file from Server 1 to Server 2 by setting public key between the server. Q1. If the unix password of the target server... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP File Transfer

On unix AIX server, when I am trying to transfer file from one directory to another directory on the same server through a program(where i call the script) it gives error "Lost Connection". (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. AIX

Problem using scp to transfer a file

I am testing the following command to transfer a file from my server (AIX 5.2) to another server. I was able to generate the keys and sent them the public key. scp -v -P 4030 /home/lawson/.ssh/jimtest.txt someuser@some.ftpsite.net:/Inbound/jimtest.txt > jimtest_out.txt 2>&1 Based on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
3 Replies
AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)					  System Administration Commands					 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)

NAME
amzfs-snapshot - Amanda script to create zfs snapshot DESCRIPTION
amzfs-snapshot is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It create a zfs snapshot of the filesystem where the path specified is mounted. PRE-DLE-* create a snapshot and the POST-DLE-* destroy the snapshot, *-DLE-AMCHECK, *-DLE-ESTIMATE and *-DLE-BACKUP must be set to be executed on the client: execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client The PRE_DLE_* script output a DIRECTORY property telling where the directory is located in the snapshot. The application must be able to use the DIRECTORY property, amgtar can do it. The script is run as the amanda user, it must have the priviledge to create and destroy snapshot: zfs allow -ldu AMANDA_USER mount,snapshot,destroy FILESYSTEM Some system doesn't have "zfs allow", but you can give the Amanda backup user the rights to manipulate ZFS filesystems by using the following command: usermod -P "ZFS File System Management,ZFS Storage Management" AMANDA_USER This will require that your run zfs under pfexec, set the PFEXEC property to YES. The format of the DLE must be one of: Desciption Example ---------- ------- Mountpoint /data Arbitrary mounted dir /data/interesting_dir ZFS pool name datapool ZFS filesystem datapool/database ZFS logical volume datapool/dbvol The filesystem must be mounted. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amzfs-snapshot's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. DF-PATH Path to the 'df' binary, search in $PATH by default. ZFS-PATH Path to the 'zfs' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC-PATH Path to the 'pfexec' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC If "NO" (the default), pfexec is not used, if set to "YES" then pfexec is used. EXAMPLE
In this example, a dumptype is defined to use amzfs-snapshot script to create a snapshot and use amgtar to backup the snapshot. define script-tool amzfs_snapshot { comment "backup of zfs snapshot" plugin "amzfs-snapshot" execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client #property "DF-PATH" "/usr/sbin/df" #property "ZFS-PATH" "/usr/sbin/zfs" #property "PFEXEC-PATH" "/usr/sbin/pfexec" #property "PFEXEC" "NO" } define dumptype user-zfs-amgtar { dt_amgtar script "amzfs_snapshot" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)