Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help for creating the report Post 302804455 by juzz4fun on Wednesday 8th of May 2013 03:25:27 PM
Old 05-08-2013
HP Need help for creating the report

Hi,

I have a file that contains below information:

provider APESD
APESD Annual Turn $67000
Provider
XXXX Annual Turn $92000
Provider FERHG
FERHG Annual Turn $56700
Provider
ABXX Annual Turn $99000

These are just sample rows out of some 5000. I want to create a tabular report as below:

Provider Turnover
--------------------
APESD $67000
FERHG $56700

... ignoring other records because provider name is missing.
Any idea? Can I do it using awk?

regards,
juzz4fun

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

creating so's

hi everyone i have a doubt about ".so" files. what is the need of ".so" files. why we use ".so" files. where we can use ".so" files. how can i create ".so" files. can u tell me a good example please thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramesh.jella
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating 10 process

can anyone tell me how to Create ten processes and display useful information about them including PID, starting-time in unix using c or c++ language. i tried to create 10 different processes using fork and exec but i couldn't display those process info:PID,STIME. my sample code ......... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpkant123
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help!!!!!! in creating csv report

Dear All, I need the help of all the genius minds to find solution to my problem. This problem has left me in a situation like I am in middle of sea with a rubber boat , so please help me out to get out of this. Problem:-- I m using the informix database with installed on linux machine and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xander
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating Report file with 'vlookup' kind of structure in shell

Hi, I have some files in the following structure. File_a.txt Field_1 Pass Field_2 Pass Field_3 Pass File_b.txt Field_1 Pass Field_2 Fail Field_3 Pass File_c.txt Field_1 Fail Field_2 Pass Field_3 Pass (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikaskm
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a report from csv file.

Hi Gurus, I need your help in transforming the CSV file into some what a report format. My source file looks like below Date,ProdID,TimeID,LevelID 2010-08-31,200,M,1 2010-08-31,201,Q,2 2010-08-31,202,Y,1 2010-08-31,203,M,5 Output required is ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen.kuppili
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a filelist

I need a script that will read a filename and verify that its today's file and rename it to a standard name so that my ETL job can read it on a daily basis. If there is no file for a day, I am thinking I will just read the one before to prevent my job from failing. Another option might be a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahe23
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Creating a .profile, displaying system variables, and creating an alias

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Here is what I am supposed to do, word for word from my assignment page: 1. Create/modify and print a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagst3r21
2 Replies

9. SCO

Creating a VM

Also, in my tinkering around I was able to get SCO installed on a VM, using VM Workstation version 12.5 in a Windows 7 Pro-64 computer. I chose the VM Workstation 8.x compatibility model for my VM, an IDE hard drive at 0:0 and an IDE CD Rom at 1:0 using the physical drive of the computer. Using the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a log file and creating a report script

The log file is huge and lot of information, i would like to parse and make a report . below is the log file looks like: REPORT DATE: Mon Aug 10 04:16:17 CDT 2017 SYSTEN VER: v1.3.0.9 TERMINAL TYPE: prod SYSTEM: nb11cu51 UPTIME: 04:16AM up 182 days 57 mins min MODEL, TYPE, and SN:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir07
8 Replies
Template::Provider::Encoding(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Template::Provider::Encoding(3pm)

NAME
Template::Provider::Encoding - Explicitly declare encodings of your templates SYNOPSIS
use Template::Provider::Encoding; use Template::Stash::ForceUTF8; use Template; my $tt = Template->new( LOAD_TEMPLATES => [ Template::Provider::Encoding->new ], STASH => Template::Stash::ForceUTF8->new, ); # Everything should be Unicode # (but you can pass UTF-8 bytes as well, thanks to Template::Stash::ForceUTF8) my $author = "x{5bae}x{5ddd}"; # this will emit Unicode flagged string to STDOUT. You might # probably want to binmode(STDOUT, ":encoding($enccoding)") # before process() call $tt->process($template, { author => $author }); # in your templates [% USE encoding 'utf-8' -%] My name is [% author %]. { ... whatever UTF-8 bytes } DESCRIPTION
Template::Provider::Encoding is a Template Provider subclass to decode template using its declaration. You have to declare encoding of the template in the head (1st line) of template using (fake) encoding TT plugin. Otherwise the template is handled as utf-8. [% USE encoding 'utf-8' %] Here comes utf-8 strings with [% variable %]. DIFFERNCE WITH OTHER WAYS
UNICODE option and BOM Recent TT allows "UNICODE" option to Template::Provider and by adding it Provider scans BOM (byte-order mark) to detect UTF-8/UTF-16 encoded template files. This module does basically the same thing in a different way, but IMHO adding BOM to template files is a little painful especially for non-programmers. Template::Provider::Encode Template::Provider::Encode provides a very similar way to detect Template file encodings and output the template into various encodings. This module doesn't touch output encoding of the template and instead it emits valid Unicode flagged string. I think the output encoding conversion should be done by other piece of code, especially in the framework. This module doesn't require you to specify encoding in the code, nor doesn't guess encodings. Instead it forces you to put "[% USE encoding 'foo-bar' %]" in the top of template files, which is explicit and, I think, is a good convention. AUTHOR
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa <miyagawa@bulknews.net> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template::Stash::ForceUTF8, Template::Provider::Encode perl v5.12.3 2007-08-01 Template::Provider::Encoding(3pm)