Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to install an Ultra 10...? Post 302804385 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 8th of May 2013 01:21:21 PM
Old 05-08-2013
Normally there is both CDE and Java Desktop installed.
You can switch the desktop at the graphical login screen.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ultra 10/30

Hi, I am planning to purchase a sun ultra 10 or 30, i was wondering what is the difference between them. I tried looking up for sun documentation and cannot find any info. Please help me. Thanks Soul (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: souldier
1 Replies

2. Solaris

I need to clone an ultra 1 onto and ultra 60

I need to move everything from an older ultra 1 onto a newer ultra 60 (OS and all) running SUNOS 5.5.1. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? Frank P.S. If you know of a document somewhere please let me know. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
11 Replies

3. Solaris

how to install usb stick on Ultra 5 workstation?

anyone have directions? running solaris 9 thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Oracle 9i install: Error in invoking target install of makefile

I receive an error while installing Oracle 9i: Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk Furthermore: $ whoami oracle $ echo $ORACLE_HOME /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0 $ pwd /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib $ ll total... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris2005
5 Replies

5. Linux

install macbook pro fedora10 ???((<<if can install, how to install? >> ))

If may install can Tells everybody ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzBSD
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Cannot install Sun Solaris 10 on Ultra 10

http://www.unix.com/images/smilies/mad.gif Hi, this is parameswar. I have two sun ultra 5/10 workstations processor is sparc IIi 440 and ram is 512 but without hard disk and cdrom so can i use seagate 40Gb and sony dvd writer which is presented in windows pc. Both are IDE cables. while I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parameswar
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Ultra 10

I have Sun Ultra 5/10 UltraSPARC-IIi 440 Mhz ) OpenBoot 3.19 with 1024 MB and IDE disk I have the following error shown in the attached photos and video kindly advise (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
5 Replies

9. Solaris

How to install PGX32 on Sparc 10 Ultra?

I'm trying to install a PGX32 video card on my Sparc 10 Ultra running Solaris 10. I've got the Oracle installation guide for it and I got as far as: "4. Insert the CD-ROM labeled “GFX OpenWindows for Solaris 2” into the drive." I don't have a CD-ROM by that name and a web search for that... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
21 Replies
gnome-control-center(1) 					   User Commands					   gnome-control-center(1)

NAME
gnome-control-center, gnome-desktop-prefs - configure desktop preferences SYNOPSIS
gnome-control-center [gnome-std-options] [--noshell] DESCRIPTION
Desktop Preferences allows you to configure the GNOME desktop. If Nautilus is running, gnome-control-center will open up a new window and display all your preference tools. If Nautilus is not running, gnome-control-center will display a simple interface allowing you to select the preference tool to run. There are 3 categories of preference tools: Basic, Advanced, and Accessibility. Double-click on the tool that you require and the dialog for the tool will be displayed. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --noshell Do not display the Desktop Preferences in Nautilus. This is not a supported interface. gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching Desktop Preferences example% gnome-control-center EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-control-cExecutable for Desktop Preferences interface ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-preferences | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-background-properties(1), gnome-font-properties(1), gnome-keyboard-properties(1), gnome-keybinding-properties(1), gnome-ui-proper- ties(1), gnome-mouse-properties(1), gnome-network-preferences(1), gnome-sound-properties(1), gnome-theme-properties(1), metacity-proper- ties(1), gnome-accessibility-keyboard-properties(1), cddb-slave2-properties(1), gnome-file-types-properties(1), gnome-panel-preferences(1), gnome-default-applications-properties(1), gnome-session-properties(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 gnome-control-center(1)