Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Q: grab email username from script Post 302799311 by vbe on Friday 26th of April 2013 09:10:06 AM
Old 04-26-2013
Seems you are using NIS (+?) or LDAPP then no?
Since you have SAS administrator account you may also be using EG...

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to grab lines between two values

hi guys say I have a file that contains hello world this is AAAAA message to try BBBBBB and see if anyone AAAAA knows the (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grab PID of a process and kill it in a script

#!/bin/sh who echo "\r" echo Enter the terminal ID of the user in use: echo "\r" read TERM_ID echo "\r" ps -t $TERM_ID | grep sh echo "\r" echo Enter the process number to end: echo "\r" read PID echo "\r" kill -9 $PID What this code does is ultimately grab the PID of a users sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: psytropic
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grab shell script error

How do I capture an error for any command I use. For e.g if i try to zip a file and the file is not there. The regualr $? -gt 0 only tells its un-successful but won't tell me that the file is not there when I run through a script. How can I capture this error? for e.g.. zip $x.zip $x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravan
1 Replies
USERDEL(8)						      System Manager's Manual							USERDEL(8)

NAME
userdel - Delete a user account and related files SYNOPSIS
userdel [-r] login DESCRIPTION
The userdel command modifies the system account files, deleting all entries that refer to login. The named user must exist. The options which apply to the userdel command are: -r Files in the user's home directory will be removed along with the home directory itself and the user's mail spool. Files located in other file systems will have to be searched for and deleted manually. FILES
/etc/passwd - user account information /etc/shadow - secure user account information /etc/group - group information CAVEATS
userdel will not allow you to remove an account if the user is currently logged in. You must kill any running processes which belong to an account that you are deleting. You may not remove any NIS attributes on an NIS client. This must be performed on the NIS server. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), chsh(1), passwd(1), groupadd(8), groupdel(8), groupmod(8), useradd(8), usermod(8) AUTHOR
Julianne Frances Haugh (jockgrrl@ix.netcom.com) USERDEL(8)