Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Make_recovery HP-UX 10.20
Operating Systems HP-UX Make_recovery HP-UX 10.20 Post 302793377 by vbe on Friday 12th of April 2013 08:30:18 AM
Old 04-12-2013
try ./smocsched
Can you type ll to see what perms we have here?

If this product has to start at boot time, if done correctly, you should have in /sbin/init.d a file to execute in a rc level ( most probable would be in /sbin/rc3.d )

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

aix mksysb , hpux make_recovery sun?

hi, for aix and hpux, we have both mksysb and make_recovery for restoring to the former state after it was crashed. is there any equivalent to sun? any pointers will be appreciated. thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

HPUX make_recovery

I'm attempting to do a make_recovery on my HPUX box. My question revolves around the number of device files I have for my tape drive and what each one is intending for and which I should use. Some examples of my devices include 1m, 1mb, 1mnb, 2m, 2mb, 2mn, 2mnb, C1t0d0best, C1t0d0dds, &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Problems restoring Ignite make_recovery DAT backups

Can anyone help with an HP Ignite problem please !! We currently have 2 servers running HP-UX B.11.00 connected together and using a high availability cluster (serviceguard) running one package. Each of the servers have 2 mirrored local disks. (also installed HP OpenviewDM B.05.03, Oracle 8.0.5,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: clivethegadget
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

Make_Recovery Question Urgent Plse Respond

I have a make_recovery tape, if I restore the VG00 volume group using this, will my other volume groups still be ok after the restore(I have 7 data volume groups) I used make_recovery -A to create the tape I have a HP9000 HP-UX 11 An internal disk is failing, the other volume groups are on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rees_a
3 Replies
BOOTCHART2(1)						      General Commands Manual						     BOOTCHART2(1)

NAME
bootchart2 - collects and analyses data from boot process DESCRIPTION
bootchart2 is a tool to log the boot process and make a nice graph out of it, to usually see where it takes longer. It consists of three different pieces of software: a shell script, a collector and a visualisation tool. Please also see the manual pages referred to in the SEE ALSO section. CONFIGURATION
After install simply add these options to your kernel command line, normally in /boot/grub/menu.lst: initcall_debug printk.time=y quiet init=/sbin/bootchartd ... Then after bootup run pybootchartgui to get an interactive chart rendering tool. If you want to chart the initrd, add rdinitrd=/sbin/bootchartd to the kernel command line. To make bootchart2 work best, please ensure your kernel is configured with CONFIG_PROC_EVENTS=y and CONFIG_TASKSTATS=y If you want to start bootchart2 in a dracut (version >= 008) initramfs, you have to change init=/sbin/bootchartd to rdinit=/sbin/bootchartd and regenerate the initramfs with bootchart support with: # dracut -f -a bootchart SEE ALSO
pybootchartgui(1), bootchartd(1) AUTHOR
bootchart2 was written by: Anders Norgaard <anders.norgaard@gmail.com> Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@novell.com> Scott James Remnant <scott@ubuntu.com> Henning Niss <henningniss@gmail.com> Riccardo Magliocchetti <riccardo.magliocchetti@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Francesca Ciceri <madamezou@yahoo.it>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others), and is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 or, at your choice, any later version. 2011-03-07 BOOTCHART2(1)