Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command to identify distinct field value Post 302791719 by pamu on Tuesday 9th of April 2013 03:39:14 AM
Old 04-09-2013
OR..

Code:
awk -v COL="$var" 'NR==1 {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){if($i==COL){break;}}}
		NR>1 && !A[$i]++ {print $i}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Identify duplicate words in a line using command

Hi, Let me explain the problem clearly: Let the entries in my file be: lion,tiger,bear apple,mango,orange,apple,grape unix,windows,solaris,windows,linux red,blue,green,yellow orange,maroon,pink,violet,orange,pink Can we detect the lines in which one of the words(separated by field... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasan_85
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Distinct values from second field in a file....

Hi I have a pipe delimited file. I am trying to grab the DISTINCT value from the second field. The file is something like: 1233|apple|ron 1234|apple|elephant 1235|egg|man the output I am trying to get from second field is apple,egg (apple coming only once) Thanks simi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simi28
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify high values "ÿ" in a text file using Unix command

I have high values (such as ÿÿÿÿ) in a text file contained in an Unix AIX server. I need to identify all the records which are having these high values and also get the position/column number in the record structure if possible. Is there any Unix command by which this can be done to : 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: devina
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the distinct of a particular field

From the below ps output , I want the distinct values of the third field (ie. I need the distinct PPIDs) $ ps -ef UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 1 0 0 Nov 10 - 48:49 /etc/init root 1769576 1 0 Nov 10 - 0:07... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: polavan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to identify mail attachment

Hi, I need to send a email with attachment from windows system to a unix system. when ever a new email arrived the unix system has to check and extract or download the attachment then move to seprate folder. For identifying the attachment and downloading any command available. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need distinct values from command in a script

Hello, I am using below command srvctl config service -d cmdbut cmdbut_01 (P):/devoragridcn_01/app/oracle> srvctl config service -d cmdbut Service name: boms10.world Service is enabled Server pool: cmdbut_boms10.world Cardinality: 1 Disconnect: false Service role: PRIMARY Management... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to find the distinct lines using uniq command

Platform :Oracle Linux 6.4 Shell : bash The below file has 7 lines , some of them are duplicates. There are only 3 distinct lines. But why is the uniq command still showing 7 ? I just want the distinct lines to be returned. $ cat test.txt SELECT FC.COORD_SET_ID FROM OM_ORDER_FLOW F, -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command/script to match a field and print the next field of each line in a file.

Hello, I have a text file in the below format: Source Destination State Lag Status CQA02W2K12pl:D:\CAQA ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pocodot
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Getting distinct record count from a .dat file using UNIX command

Hi, I have a .dat file with contents like the below: Input file ============SEQ NO-1: COLUMN1========== 9835619 7152815 ============SEQ NO-2: COLUMN2 ========== 7615348 7015548 9373086 ============SEQ NO-3: COLUMN3=========== 9373086 Expected Output: (I just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MS06
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance with my Find command to identify last part of a file name and report the name found

Hello Forum, We have two bootstraps of Chef in our environment which are identified by colour: /var/chef/cache/cookbooks/bootstrap_cookbooks_version_green and /var/chef/cache/cookbooks/bootstrap_cookbooks_version_red I'm attempting to identify which version is installed based on the name... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
11 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)