Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting A selection menu in a shell script Post 302789527 by Sara_84 on Wednesday 3rd of April 2013 08:27:39 PM
Old 04-03-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamed101
Didn't quite get the requirement.

--ahamed
I have a shell script to automate a process

The command I'm using gives me 3 selection to choose from and wait for input from me.

Command

1- choice one
2- choice two
3- choice three

Please eneter your choice:

Im using this command in my script and my choice is always number one
Is there a way I can automate the selection to be one in my shell script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu help with array selection

Hi there all I got the following I got multiple arrays named for example STAT_AAAA STAT_AAAB STAT_AAAC STAT_AAAD Now what I want I have chosen an option in a menu to select 1 but I dont want to write for all the same thing so I made it a signle one now what I want is to get STAT_ and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: draco
6 Replies

2. Linux

Opt out of selection menu?

When I logon to my server with PuTTY I am forced into a selection menu with few options. How to I opt out of this menu to get to the home directory to view all of the files on the server? Thanks for the help. :o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksirimarco
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Input A Menu Selection In A Variable

hey all, me again....having a problem with my code, where I essentially am trying to show a menu, have the user select an option (from 1 to 5), then display which selection they picked... #!/bin/bash # A LIST OF THE ERROR MESSAGES AND THE PROPER SYNTAX: error_0="Correct amount of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SoVi3t
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reprint the select menu after a selection

Hi, I am using a select in ksh for a script #!/bin/ksh FIRSTLIST='one two three four quit' PS3='Please select a number: ' select i in $FIRSTLIST ; do case $i in one) print 'this is one' ;; two) print 'this is 2' ;; three) print 'this is 3' ;; four) print... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: omerzzz
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script menu

hi guys, how would you do the following? I have a menu with 5 options in my shell script: 1. Run function 1 against files 2. Run function 2 against files 3. Run function 3 against files 4. Run function 4 against files 5. Run function 5 against files I'd like to be able to run multiple... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu using shell script

Hi, I need to have a shell script for the below need. 1. Menu with one heading and 4 options. 2. the heading and 4 options are taken from a file. File entry ====== Heading1|option1|option2|option3|option4| Heading2|option1|option2|option3|option4| 3. the user entries must be captured in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: umastinu
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automate user selection options in shell script?

Hi There, I am trying to write a script which has to pick the prompted options by itself(i mean option to choose will be passed) here is real scenario i am trying to do. i have an executable(diagnos) which gets called in shell script, when the executable (diagnos) runs i get following as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sairam_9191
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu shell script help

Hi All, I have written a shell script that show menu driven option. My requirement is that in the menu driven option i want to select multiple choice. i.e if i want to select 1 or 1,2 or 1,2,3 or 2,3 etc .... Can some one help me in that My script. while true; do echo " " ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nawrajesh
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic menu selection? Help..

Hi guys, i would like to create a program that allow user to show the information of certain thing such as network card. I would like the menu to be dynamic, for example: my computer system have 2 network card inserted at the moment, therefore the menu will have 2 choice for the user. eth0... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: malfolozy
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dialog --menu limitation for the entries for selection

Hi Guys, Please pardon me if this is a silly question, but I have tried to find an answer and going through the man page and failed to get one. I have created a menu driven script with dialog --menu option. Everything is working as expeted, however, it seems that if I have more than 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ww889
1 Replies
xcb_set_selection_owner(3)					   XCB Requests 					xcb_set_selection_owner(3)

NAME
xcb_set_selection_owner - Sets the owner of a selection SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/xproto.h> Request function xcb_void_cookie_t xcb_set_selection_owner(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_window_t owner, xcb_atom_t selection, xcb_timestamp_t time); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. owner The new owner of the selection. The special value XCB_NONE means that the selection will have no owner. selection The selection. time Timestamp to avoid race conditions when running X over the network. The selection will not be changed if time is earlier than the current last-change time of the selection or is later than the cur- rent X server time. Otherwise, the last-change time is set to the specified time. The special value XCB_CURRENT_TIME will be replaced with the current server time. DESCRIPTION
Makes window the owner of the selection selection and updates the last-change time of the specified selection. TODO: briefly explain what a selection is. RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_void_cookie_t. Errors (if any) have to be handled in the event loop. If you want to handle errors directly with xcb_request_check instead, use xcb_set_selection_owner_checked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
xcb_atom_error_t selection does not refer to a valid atom. SEE ALSO
xcb-requests(3), xcb_set_selection_owner(3) AUTHOR
Generated from xproto.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_set_selection_owner(3)