10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a menu based tool which requires input/option to proceed further. How to make a shell script ?
eg: menu looks like
to continue (y/n) :
Here I need to key in "y" to proceed.
I want to prepare a script which should consider option y. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a menu option which will look as follows
Select a menu option
2.login as root user
3.show system version
please enter the new password: unix
reenter the new password: unix
press any key to enter
(then displays again the menu options to enter the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivakumar6g
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I'm writing a shell script and have a problem with selection when I issue the command, is there a way to automatically choose a selection number one after a selection menue appear
Sara (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have tried searching the forum but i haven't found a solution for this.
I have a shell script that presents the users with menus. The menus branch out to sub menus. It is all hunky dory as long as i traverse forward. But if i am in a sub menu and return to the previous menu and choose any... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
I need to have a shell script for the below need.
1. Menu with one heading and 4 options.
2. the heading and 4 options are taken from a file.
3. the user entries must be captured in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: umastinu
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
hi guys, how would you do the following? I have a menu with 5 options in my shell script:
1. Run function 1 against files
2. Run function 2 against files
3. Run function 3 against files
4. Run function 4 against files
5. Run function 5 against files
I'd like to be able to run multiple... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
7. Homework & Coursework Questions
Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted!
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:
1) Write a Menu Driven Shell Script which accepts1 to 5 options and performs the following actions for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaghya
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a dual-boot Ubuntu/Windows machine and I wanted to create a script to change the menu.lst file so it will change the default boot partition (this is so I can reload the machine remotely and allow it to boot to the Windows partition).
Today I have to sudo cp a template file I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppucci
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am attempting to create a shell script with the following capaciblities:
1. Listed options to choice from
2. Use to perform awk statements
3. Print a report with the awk results
My questions are
1. How do I select more than one file for option #5 and #6
2. How to I create an... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroberson
10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Is it possible to change the color of text in a korn shell script Menu?
I can change the color of session text through my telnet client but I want to be able to change color text in the Korn shell menu to highlight certain items. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur