Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing line with name:value pairs in shell script Post 302789471 by tasmac on Wednesday 3rd of April 2013 05:34:57 PM
Old 04-03-2013
Code:
$>uname -a
SunOS gatxdev2 5.10 Generic_147441-19 i86pc i386 i86pc
$>awk 1 /dev/null
awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: bailing out near line 1
$>

Looks like I am using the old awk

according to Unix shell - View topic - How to find the version of awk?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing text from one line with shell scripts

Hi Gurus! I wonder if anyone can help me, I'm sure you guys can. I have a text file which contains a lot of data on the one line as follows: $ What I need to do is pull all of those id values out (eg 2549425) and write them to a list in a text file. Any help would be greatly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: th3g0bl1n
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a line in Shell Script

I have record line somthing like below with first line showing char spacing not real record line 1 | 2 | 3rd Field--------------|-4th field--| This is charcatersapcing of line DF20000000000000000130.7890000000750 I shoudl get two line from above line 1st line should 1 | 2 | 3rd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unishiva
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing /proc/net/dev into key:value pairs (self-answered)

Hi all, I need some help with using sed/awk/other linux tools to meet the following goal: I'm trying to take the output of /proc/net/dev: Inter-| Receive | Transmit face |bytes packets errs drop fifo frame compressed multicast|bytes ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: felbane
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching Pairs with AWK or Shell

Hello, I have a file Pairs.txt composed of 3 columns. For simplicity, this is the file: A B C B D W X Y Z Z W K B A C Y J Q F M P Y X Z I am trying to reduce the file such that I only keep the first occurrence of any "pair". In the example above, I would only want to keep one... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: InfoSeeker
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a delimited Key value pairs in shell script

Hello, I have property file with key value pairs separated by pipe , I am trying to write a script which reads the property file and search and print value of specific key. I tried with Sed, I am successfull. The file is as follows ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANK
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing using shell script

I have a file parameters.txt which contains 151524 151525 I have another file OID.csv which contains NE Version Object Type ID SDK param name Object OID test1 Start: 4.2 End: 4.2 pan 151524 speed ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a command line parameter in script

I have a simple script that builds a complex program call which passes a number of parameters to the program. I'm trying to enhance the script to include the value of the command line parameter in the name of a file being created. The problem I'm having is that the parameter may include a forward... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbmax626
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove Duplicate Two Line Pairs?

So I have a bunch of files that look like this >gi|33332323 MMKCRGVIMVVEKVMKRDGRIVPFDESRIRWAVQ--- >gi|45235353 MMKCR----VEKMRDVFFDESIRWAVQ They go on...sequences are much longer but all in two line (fasta) format. I want to remove duplicate pairs of ID(GI) number and sequence. I tried... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakere19
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Command Line Arguments In C shell script

]I have a string like "/abc/cmind/def/pq/IC.2.4.6_main.64b/lnx86" and this string is given by user. But in this string instead of 64b user may passed 32 b an i need to parse this string and check wether its is 32b or 64 b and according to it i want to set appropriate flags. How will i do this... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: codecatcher
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File w/ many line pairs--how do I order based on 1st lines only?

I have a file in which the data is stored in pairs of lines. The first line (beginining with ">") is a header, the second line is a sequence. I would like to sort the file by species name. Desired output for the example file: I can use sort -t'_' -k2 to alphabetize headers in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
1 Replies
CHECKBASHISMS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CHECKBASHISMS(1)

NAME
checkbashisms - check for bashisms in /bin/sh scripts SYNOPSIS
checkbashisms script ... checkbashisms --help|--version DESCRIPTION
checkbashisms, based on one of the checks from the lintian system, performs basic checks on /bin/sh shell scripts for the possible presence of bashisms. It takes the names of the shell scripts on the command line, and outputs warnings if possible bashisms are detected. Note that the definition of a bashism in this context roughly equates to "a shell feature that is not required to be supported by POSIX"; this means that some issues flagged may be permitted under optional sections of POSIX, such as XSI or User Portability. In cases where POSIX and Debian Policy disagree, checkbashisms by default allows extensions permitted by Policy but may also provide options for stricter checking. OPTIONS
--help, -h Show a summary of options. --newline, -n Check for "echo -n" usage (non POSIX but required by Debian Policy 10.4.) --posix, -p Check for issues which are non POSIX but required to be supported by Debian Policy 10.4 (implies -n). --force, -f Force each script to be checked, even if it would normally not be (for instance, it has a bash or non POSIX shell shebang or appears to be a shell wrapper). --extra, -x Highlight lines which, whilst they do not contain bashisms, may be useful in determining whether a particular issue is a false posi- tive which may be ignored. For example, the use of "$BASH_ENV" may be preceded by checking whether "$BASH" is set. --version, -v Show version and copyright information. EXIT VALUES
The exit value will be 0 if no possible bashisms or other problems were detected. Otherwise it will be the sum of the following error val- ues: 1 A possible bashism was detected. 2 A file was skipped for some reason, for example, because it was unreadable or not found. The warning message will give details. SEE ALSO
lintian(1). AUTHOR
checkbashisms was originally written as a shell script by Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org> and rewritten in Perl with many more features by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities CHECKBASHISMS(1)