Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create a program illustrating SUID Post 302789091 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 3rd of April 2013 05:01:04 AM
Old 04-03-2013
You are right about HP-UX,
but can be allowed by the tunable "secure_sid_scripts"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Using a C program to create directories in UNIX

Aloha, I'm attempting to use a C program to create directories and then use a system call to have another program write .dat files into that directory. I understand that I could use the "system("mkdir directory_name")" function however, I would like my program to create a new directory each time... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloha_boi
3 Replies

2. Programming

How to create a new unix user in through a c program

Hi , I want to create a new user using c program not with unix adduser command . is it possible to write a cprogram to create a new user account , it should accept username , grouid , group name and all other privilages . i can use system calls inside c program to do this . i will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
5 Replies

3. Programming

Create a lib from a c program

I have a function in a c program that I want to to share with other programs. How do I create a lib using the cc compiler ? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: npires
9 Replies

4. Programming

create sound using C program

I could not recall the function in C to generate diff type of sounds. Can somebody help me out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Program to create a RPM name

Hi Guru,s/Geek,s I need help to create RPM names from rpms. Example : a2ps-4.14-6.fc10.i386 perl-Email-Find-0.10-2.fc10.noarch directfb-1.2.7-2.fc10.i386 libid3tag-0.15.1b-7.fc10.i386 apr-util-1.3.7-1.fc10.i386 libquicktime-1.0.3-4.fc10.i386 The Desired Output is : a2ps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.linux1984
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

create a program that runs two processes linked oven

I need help program in C... :create a program that runs two processes linked oven (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gizmo16
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to create core through program at the time of crash by handling signals?

I am in process of writing a library which can make any application of my product capable of creating core in the application's log folder with a product friendly core file name programatically. In my library I am registering for certain signals e.g. SIGILL, SIGFPE, SIGBUS, SIGSEGV, SIGSYS, SIGABRT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeev_ks
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to create core through program at the time of crash by handling signals?

I am in process of writing a library which can make any application of my product capable of creating core in the application's log folder with a product friendly core file name programatically. In my library I am registering for certain signals e.g. SIGILL, SIGFPE, SIGBUS, SIGSEGV, SIGSYS, SIGABRT... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeev_ks
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between inbuilt suid programs and user defined root suid programs under bash shell?

Hey guys, Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries. However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you gain root privileges if the suid program does not belong to root?

I had a question in my test which asked where suppose user B has a program with 's' bit set. Can user A run this program and gain root privileges in any way? I suppose not as the suid program run with privileges of owner and this program will run with B's privileges and not root. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
1 Replies
intr_strobe_ics_pct(5)						File Formats Manual					    intr_strobe_ics_pct(5)

NAME
intr_strobe_ics_pct - limit for the percent of time a processor is allowed to spend in interrupt context VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Setting to will switch the feature off. Recommended values DESCRIPTION
specifies the system limit for the percent of time a processor is allowed to spend in interrupt context. When the tunable is set to a value less than the kernel does not allow I/O interrupts to consume the processor time beyond the set limit and hence the threads and other low priority interrupts get time to execute. This is important when the system is under a heavy I/O interrupt load and some threads like heartbeat timer in service guard environment need to run within a limited time delay. In the normal working of the system, the value of the tunable should be If is to less than a message like the following may be seen in the message buffer. The message buffer can be read via or This message indicates that the percent of time spent on the processor crossed the specified limit and corrective action has been taken. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Only HP Field engineers should change the value of this tunable. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect immediately. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? The value should be lowered only when heavy I/O interrupt load is causing a time critical process to timeout. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? Reducing the value of the tunable would give the thread context more time to execute. However, the overall system throughput may decrease. What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? This tunable is independent of other tunables. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
kctune(1M), kcweb(1M). Tunable Kernel Parameters intr_strobe_ics_pct(5)