Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create a program illustrating SUID Post 302787937 by MadeInGermany on Sunday 31st of March 2013 01:35:07 PM
Old 03-31-2013
Please google for
sudo examples

---------- Post updated at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:25 PM ----------

Traditional Unix and its commercial derivates allow SUID scripts.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Using a C program to create directories in UNIX

Aloha, I'm attempting to use a C program to create directories and then use a system call to have another program write .dat files into that directory. I understand that I could use the "system("mkdir directory_name")" function however, I would like my program to create a new directory each time... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloha_boi
3 Replies

2. Programming

How to create a new unix user in through a c program

Hi , I want to create a new user using c program not with unix adduser command . is it possible to write a cprogram to create a new user account , it should accept username , grouid , group name and all other privilages . i can use system calls inside c program to do this . i will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
5 Replies

3. Programming

Create a lib from a c program

I have a function in a c program that I want to to share with other programs. How do I create a lib using the cc compiler ? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: npires
9 Replies

4. Programming

create sound using C program

I could not recall the function in C to generate diff type of sounds. Can somebody help me out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Program to create a RPM name

Hi Guru,s/Geek,s I need help to create RPM names from rpms. Example : a2ps-4.14-6.fc10.i386 perl-Email-Find-0.10-2.fc10.noarch directfb-1.2.7-2.fc10.i386 libid3tag-0.15.1b-7.fc10.i386 apr-util-1.3.7-1.fc10.i386 libquicktime-1.0.3-4.fc10.i386 The Desired Output is : a2ps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.linux1984
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

create a program that runs two processes linked oven

I need help program in C... :create a program that runs two processes linked oven (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gizmo16
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to create core through program at the time of crash by handling signals?

I am in process of writing a library which can make any application of my product capable of creating core in the application's log folder with a product friendly core file name programatically. In my library I am registering for certain signals e.g. SIGILL, SIGFPE, SIGBUS, SIGSEGV, SIGSYS, SIGABRT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeev_ks
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to create core through program at the time of crash by handling signals?

I am in process of writing a library which can make any application of my product capable of creating core in the application's log folder with a product friendly core file name programatically. In my library I am registering for certain signals e.g. SIGILL, SIGFPE, SIGBUS, SIGSEGV, SIGSYS, SIGABRT... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeev_ks
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between inbuilt suid programs and user defined root suid programs under bash shell?

Hey guys, Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries. However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you gain root privileges if the suid program does not belong to root?

I had a question in my test which asked where suppose user B has a program with 's' bit set. Can user A run this program and gain root privileges in any way? I suppose not as the suid program run with privileges of owner and this program will run with B's privileges and not root. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
1 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD