Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Calling two function
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calling two function Post 302787027 by DGPickett on Thursday 28th of March 2013 02:51:35 PM
Old 03-28-2013
OK, first routine get_tbl_id_list:
  1. you use table to get last table_id,
  2. then constants to get hmax table_id (does other processing change this result, not constant for the whole run and should be outside the loops?)
  3. if = then say all done and return
  4. else make a table id file.
Not sure why it needs to be a sub, since it looks like you call it once. Not sure who calls it when. $LOADER_ID never used, or hidden parameter to something?

Second, migrate_tables
  1. echos a message
  2. calls routine #1 with $1 and constant (which will be ignored?)
  3. other stuff
Hardly worth having a function.

Third, main code:
  1. $1 has to be ALL to do any of the referenced code.
  2. echo a message
  3. call #2 with constant tab_abc (low table?)
  4. call #2 with constant tab_xyz (high table?) which will overwrite product of step 3 unless all are done. Maybe that is always true, which would be somewhat contrived.
Not sure what it does or lacks. Normally, you want to loop through a process from a known starting point until a predictable end point. Nothing here loops. I am not sure what is modeled or processed. Who modifies tab_pqr? Who reads the file? Does stp_ctr_tbl_id('ARIB', 'GET') output change as tables are modified in this process? We only call it twice. Maybe we should take the table ids out of that file and migrate them?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c++ calling main() function

i just finished a project for a c++ class that i wrote at home on my computer, compiled with gcc. when i brought the code into school it would not compile, it would complain that cannot call main() function. at school we use ancient borland c++ from 1995. anyway my program has 20 different... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling other file function

Hi, I am pretty new to unix. Lets say i have a program(run_program) that will call another file function(functiona, in same directory): hence, inside that run_program. i will just call "functiona xx xx" to refer and use that function. this run ok until i run this program from another folder.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maldini
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a function

I have created a file generic.func and it has lots of functions. One of the functions is this: Check_backup_size() { dsmc q b $BACKUP_DIR/"*.Z" | awk '{print $1}'|sed 's///g' > outputfile X=`awk '{sum += $1} END {print sum }' outputfile'` echo "$X" ls -ltr $BACKUP_DIR/"*.Z" | awk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashika
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return a value from called function to the calling function

I have two scripts. script1.sh looks -------------------------------- #!/bin/bash display() { echo "Welcome to Unix" } display ----------------------------- Script2.sh #!/bin/bash sh script1.sh //simply calling script1.sh ------------------------------ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a function through a variable

Hey folks, I'm pretty new to unix programming. I was trying to get something to work but it's not doing what I expected. #!/bin/ksh . ./functions.sh STRING=function_1 FUNCTION="$STRING" RETURN=eval $FUNCTION echo "value of $FUNCTION function is: $RETURN" All i'm... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irrational
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Function in KSH

I have a script with 2 functions 1) show_menu 2) create Ths show_menu function works fine....... Sort of.... When I select option 2 of the menu the code does a few commands and then calls another function called create. It's at this point that I get "create: not found"..... However,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hxman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL SCRIPT Function Calling Another Function Please Help...

This is my function which is creating three variables based on counter & writing these variable to database by calling another function writeRecord but only one record is getting wrote in DB.... Please advise ASAP...:confused: function InsertFtg { FTGSTR="" echo "Saurabh is GREAT $#" let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.sonawane
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting a error while calling a function

Hi Friends, While calling a function in below scipt func_serv_logs () { find . -type f \( \( -name 'WLS*' -o -name 'access*' \) -a ! -name '*.gz' -a ! -newer ${REFERENCE} \) -print | while read FILENAME do echo "hi" done } func_serv_logs I am getting error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function is calling only once

In my prog if i enter the input for the 1st time it is executing correctly, but for the second time entire script is not executing it just exiting my code is #!/bin/sh checkpo() { echo "Checking the entered PO to create output text file "; IFS=$'\n' set -f var=0 for i in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to Modify File Name in each function before calling another function.

I have a script which does gunzip, zip and untar. Input to the script is file name and file directory (where file is located) I am reading the input parameters as follows: FILENAME=$1 FILEDIR=$2 I have created 3 functions that are as follows: 1) gunzip file 2) unzip file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies
PCIC(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   PCIC(4)

NAME
pcic -- PC Card bridge driver SYNOPSIS
device pcic device pccard DESCRIPTION
The pcic driver provides support for older ISA and non-Yenta PCI PC Card bridges. The pcic driver supports most ExCA devices attached to the ISA bus or PCI devices that do not conform to the Yenta specification. The following ISA devices, or true clones, are supported in the current code. Intel i82365SL Step A Intel i82365SL Step B Intel i82365SL Step C Intel's original 16-bit PC Card controller. Intel i82365SL-DF Intel's last version of this device. 3.3V support was added. VLSI 82C146 An older VLSI part with some issues on some machines. Cirrus Logic PD-6710 Cirrus Logic PD-6720 Cirrus Logic PD-6722 Cirrus Logic's pcic controller. Compatible with the i82365SL Step C with the addition of a different 3.3V control. Ricoh RF5C296 Ricoh RF5C396 Ricoh's PC Card bridge chips. These are compatible with the i82365SL Step C, but with yet another different 3.3V con- trol. Vadem 365 Vadem 465 Compatible with i82365SL Step C. Vadem 468 Vadem 469 Like the earlier Vadem models, but with Vadem's own, incompatible, 3.3V control system. IBM PCIC IBM clone of the original i82365SL part, with its own ID register value. Has no 3.3V ability. Many other vendors made parts in this arena, but most of them were compatible with one of the above chipsets. The following PCI pcmcia bridges are supported: Cirrus Logic PD6729 Cirrus Logic PD6730 O2micro OZ6729 O2micro OZ6730 BUGS
This does not work at all at the moment. BSD
July 9, 2002 BSD