Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL: retrieve the data based on regular expression Post 302780839 by i150371485 on Friday 15th of March 2013 07:13:03 AM
Old 03-15-2013
Question PERL: retrieve the data based on regular expression

Hi Friends

i have a code below

sample $text contains the values

Code:

test1 PIC X
test1 PIC XX
test1 PIC XXX
test1 PIC X(8)
test1 PIC X(12)
test1 PIC X
test1 X(8)
test1 PIC X VALUE 'N'.

Code:
$text =~ /^\d{6} +(\d{2}) +([\w|\-|\:]+) +PIC +([\d|\w]+)(\((\d+)\)(V([\d|\w]+)| +(COMP\-3).|\.)|( +(COMP\-3).| +(COMP\-3))|\.)/)

the above retreives the
Code:

test1 PIC X
test1 PIC XX
test1 PIC XXX
test1 PIC X(8)
test1 PIC X(12)
test1 PIC X
test1 X(8)

i am not able to match the last line . i am newbie to perl and ned the regular expression which also captures the last line .

Code:

test1 PIC X VALUE 'N'.

Please help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression help in perl

Hi all, I am trying to match a multi line string and return the matching string in one line. Here is the perl code that I wrote: #!/usr/bin/perl my $str='<title>My title</title>'; if ($str =~ /(<title>)(+)(<\/title>)/ ){ print "$2\n"; } It returns : My title I want the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdubey
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regular expression

letz say that my file has 7 records with only one field. So my file has: 11111111 000000000000000 1111 aaaabbbccc 1111111222000000 aaaaaaaa zz All i need is: 1. when the field has a repetition of the same instance(a-z or 0-9), i would consideer it to be invalid.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: helengoldman
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression in perl

hi, i want to extract the sessionID from this line. QnA Session Id : here the output should be-- QnA_SessionID=128589 Thanks NT (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regular expression

Dear all, I have a simple issue on a perl regular expression. I want to get the characters in red from the next lines : POWER_key LEFT_key RIGHT_key OK_key DOWN_key and so on... Thanks in advance for reply. Ludo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lsaas
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need perl regular expression

Hi, I am looking for a Perl regular expression to match the below pattern of a java script file. var so = object.device.load('camera','value'); I want to grep out such lines present in the *.js files. The conditions are: a) the line may start with blank space(s) b) always the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Regular Expression

Hello, I am trying to use perl LWP module to read and get a specfic URL page. The issue is that the URL ends with the data and time and time is not consistent it changes all the time. if anyone could help me how to write a regular expressin that would work in the LWP::UserAgent get function to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bataf
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regular expression and %

Could you help me with this please. This regular expression seems to match for the wrong input #!/usr/bin/perl my $inputtext = "W1a$%XXX"; if($inputtext =~ m/+X+/) { print "matches\n"; } The problem seems to be %. if inputtext is W1a$XXX, the regex doesnot match.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suppandi7
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hidden Characters in Regular Expression Matching Perl - Perl Newbie

I am completely new to perl programming. My father is helping me learn said programming language. However, I am stuck on one of the assignments he has given me, and I can't find very much help with it via google, either because I have a tiny attention span, or because I can be very very dense. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittyluva2
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regular expression help!

Hi I am doing something basic like... if ($stringvariable =~ /have not typed/) I have a little problem because the 'not' in the expression gets highlighted as a kind of a '!'..what am I supposed to do in this situation? Thank you ---------- Post updated at 03:24 PM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vas28r13
1 Replies

10. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies
PIC2GRAPH(1)						      General Commands Manual						      PIC2GRAPH(1)

NAME
pic2graph - convert a PIC diagram into a cropped image SYNOPSIS
pic2graph [ -unsafe ] [ -format fmt ] [ -eqn delim ] DESCRIPTION
Reads a PIC program as input; produces an image file (by default in Portable Network Graphics format) suitable for the Web as output. Also translates eqn(1) constructs, so it can be used for generating images of mathematical formulae. PIC is a rather expressive graphics minilanguage suitable for producing box-and-arrow diagrams of the kind frequently used in technical papers and textbooks. The language is sufficiently flexible to be quite useful for state charts, Petri-net diagrams, flow charts, simple circuit schematics, jumper layouts, and other kinds of illustration involving repetitive uses of simple geometric forms and splines. Because PIC descriptions are procedural and object-based, they are both compact and easy to modify. The PIC language is fully documented in "Making Pictures With GNU PIC", a document which is part of the groff(1) distribution. Your input PIC code should not be wrapped with the .PS and .PE macros that normally guard it within groff(1) macros. The output image will be a black-on-white graphic clipped to the smallest possible bounding box that contains all the black pixels. By specifying command-line options to be passed to convert(1) you can give it a border, set the background transparent, set the image's pixel density, or perform other useful transformations. This program uses pic(1), eqn(1), groff(1), gs(1), and the ImageMagick convert(1) program. These programs must be installed on your system and accessible on your $PATH for pic2graph to work. OPTIONS
-unsafe Run pic(1) and groff(1) in the `unsafe' mode enabling the PIC macro sh to execute arbitrary commands. The default is to forbid this. -format fmt Specify an output format; the default is PNG (Portable Network Graphics). Any format that convert(1) can emit is supported. -eqn delim Change the fencepost characters that delimit eqn(1) directives ($ and $, by default). This option requires an argument, but an empty string is accepted as a directive to disable eqn(1) processing. Command-line switches and arguments not listed above are passed to convert(1). FILES
/usr/share/groff/1.18.1/tmac/eqnrc The eqn(1) initialization file. SEE ALSO
eqn2graph(1), pic(1), eqn(1), groff(1), gs(1), convert(1). AUTHOR
Eric S. Raymond <esr@thyrsus.com>, based on a recipe by W. Richard Stevens. Groff Version 1.18.1 17 July 2002 PIC2GRAPH(1)