Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux Platform - NDM Script - && Operator Post 302773241 by binlib on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 02:41:42 PM
Old 02-27-2013
single quote the &&.
This User Gave Thanks to binlib For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

what is the difference between Unix & linux, what are the advantages & disadvantages

ehe may i know what are the difference between Unix & Linux, and what are the advantages of having Unix as well as disadvantages of having Unix or if u dun mind i am dumb do pls tell me what are the advantages as well as the disadvantages of having linux as well. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cybertechmkteo
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

ATI && XFree86 (Linux)

Anyone who have any ideas how-to make X faster. I have a ATI Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x card and I wanto get it fast, mostly for movie playback and so. Is there OpenGL and GLX support? regards Esaia (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Esaia
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple conditions in if using && operator

VARIABLE="project" if && ] then echo "VARIABLE is not empty" fi this is not working what is wrong in the syntax?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with xterm & tcsh & sourcing a script in a single command

Hi friends, I have a script that sets the env variable path based on different conditions. Now the new path variable setting should not done in the same terminal or same shell. Only a new terminal or new shell should have the new path env variable set. I am able to do this only as follows: >cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sowmya005
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP read large string & split in multidimensional arrays & assign fieldnames & write into MYSQL

Hi, I hope the title does not scare people to look into this thread but it describes roughly what I'm trying to do. I need a solution in PHP. I'm a programming beginner, so it might be that the approach to solve this, might be easier to solve with an other approach of someone else, so if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative to && operator

"Both cases have to be true for the expression to evaluate "true". is that not so. the following code does a read from a txt file, an then suppose to do the deletion ,but although the condition exists, its not performing the deletion && echo "\n\t Deleting printer ${prt} !!!" if !... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggoliath
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write If statement using && and operator in Unix

Hi What is the syntax for if statement using && and || operator? if && ] || here its giving me an error to this if statement any suggestion?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Magic numbers '&' operator problem

Hello everyone, on the man page of "magic(5)" There is explanation "&, to specify that the value from the file must have set all of the bits that are set in the specified value" . My question is that what is the difference between '&' and equal operator '=' ? I tested it with file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: segmentation
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xalan & Xerces issues for Oracle Linux 6.6 & Solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux

Hi Team, I am facing issue while using Xalan & Xerces for my application. Below are my environment details i am using :- Platform:- Oracle Linux 6.6 Compiler :- solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux Below are the versions of Xalan & Xerces source code used to build the shared object... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agrachirag
0 Replies
DH(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     DH(4)

NAME
dh - DH-11/DM-11 communications multiplexer SYNOPSIS
/sys/conf/SYSTEM: NDH dh_units # DH11; NDH is in units of boards (16 each) NDM dm_units # DM11; NDM is in units of boards (16 each) /etc/dtab: #Name Unit# Addr Vector Br Handler(s) # Comments dm ? 170500 310 4 dmintr # dm11 dh modem control dh ? 160020 320 5 dhrint dhxint # dh11 terminal mux major device number(s): raw: 3 minor device encoding: bits 0017 specify line on DH unit bits 0060 specify DH unit bit 0100 specify RTS/CTS (``hardware'') flowcontrol bit 0200 specifies non-blocking open (``CD always on'') DESCRIPTION
A dh-11 provides 16 communication lines; dm-11's may be optionally paired with dh-11's to provide modem control for the lines. If there are fewer dm-11's than dh-11's, the dm-11's are assumed to be paired with the first dm_units dh-11's. Each line attached to the DH-11 communications multiplexer behaves as described in tty(4). Input and output for each line may indepen- dently be set to run at any of 16 speeds; see tty(4) for the encoding. Bit 0200 of the minor device number for DH lines may be set to say that a line is not properly connected, and that the line should be treated as hard-wired with carrier always present. Thus creating the special character device node "3, 130" via mknod /dev/ttyh2 c 3 130 would cause line ttyh2 to be treated in this way. Bit 0100 of the minor device number enables RTS/CTS (also called ``hardware'') flow con- trol. It is enabled by adding 64 to the minor device number: mknod /dev/ttyh2 c 3 194 The dh driver monitors the rate of input on each board, and switches between the use of character-at-a-time interrupts and input silos. While the silo is enabled during periods of high-speed input, the driver polls for input 30 times per second. FILES
/dev/tty[h-k][0-9a-f] /dev/ttyd[0-9a-f] /dev/MAKEDEV script to create special files /dev/MAKEDEV.local script to localize special files SEE ALSO
tty(4), dtab(5), autoconfig(8) DIAGNOSTICS
dh%d NXM. No response from UNIBUS on a dma transfer within a timeout period. This has never been observed on a PDP-11 and is a carryover from the VAX driver when it was ported. It is not serious. dh%d %d overruns. The character input silo overflowed before it could be serviced. This message is only printed at line close time. It is not serious but does indicate that the system was not able to keep up with the data flow. 3rd Berkeley Distribution May 31, 1997 DH(4)