Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ../ in perl and if clause
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ../ in perl and if clause Post 302773033 by balajesuri on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 07:38:22 AM
Old 02-27-2013
".." in directory path means "go one level up".

-e is a file test in perl checks if the file exists or not. It returns 1 if file exists, and undefined value if it doesn't exist.
So to do this if ( -e filename > 0 ) is an over-kill (IMHO)
More subtly, this is same as if ( -e filename )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if clause

hi, pls could you help me with one program in KSH ( i have sunOS). I need to create an If clause, that prints an error message and filenames, when in a directory are found some files of null size (find . -type f -size 0 ). thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: palmer18
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

having trouble with using if clause in AWK

The goal: I have a list of people in teams. The list looks something like this $1 = Job Position (marketing, IT, PR) $2 = Name $3 = Team Name $4 = Targeted member (somebody in field 2 targets somebody else) $5 = Employment Status (full time/part time/etc) The idea is to search through... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaestroRage
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic SQL for where clause

Hi, I have an app which user can query the database based on 4 criteria, that is Field1, Field2, Field3 and Field4 Mya I know how to write a dynamic SQL where I can choose to retrieve data based on their selected value. eg. where Field1=AAA eg. where Field1=AAA and Field2=BBB eg.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TeSP
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple conditions in 'if clause'

Hi, When i use the below code snippet in my shell script OFC_10.sh: if then echo "Success" exit 2 elif then echo "Failure" exit 6 I get the error message: ./OFC_10.sh: line 41: ' ./OFC_10.sh: line 45: ' Line 41 is the line where If loop starts and line 45 is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep the where clause of a SQL?

Hi UNIX Gurus, I want to use extract the where clause of a SQL present in a file. Please suggest me how can I do it. Select * from emp where emp_id>10; cat <file_name> | grep -i "where" returns whole SQL. how can I extract only "where emp_id>10;" Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check a variable value through if clause

Hi guys, I am trying to check the values i have for two variables. if && ; then echo "Success"; fi Now Test1 can have any Alpha Variable and Count is a integer value. Even though we have given 'and' Condition, even one condition is sucess, i am getting the Success message. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If clause in perl

HI friends , I am very new to perl .please dont mind if i ask silly questions. I seee below code in one sript if ( exists $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR} and $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR} ) { $tdir = $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR}; } whats does this mean . I am very confused about the if clauses in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for a directory with if clause?

Hello All, I want to do a conditional search for a directory, i.e pathname=/abc/def foldername=xyz if ( $pathname/$foldername/aaa ) then .................. fi Here i am searching for aaa directory inside the path and if it exist then it should go inside the loop. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If clause query

Hi, i need to add a condition in my IF clause where i need to check if the file exists in a folder and return true out of it. but in my directory i have multiple files with same name but datestamp append on it for e.g. export f1 = filename export f2=filename1 if ] then echo "No... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cshell if clause indentation

I would like to know if indentation is relevant for Cshell scripts. I wrote my code like this: if ((-e file1) && (-e file2)) then cat file1 > file10 cat file2 > file20 endifUsually I write my if clauses like this: if ((-e file1) && (-e file2)) then cat file1 > file10 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maya3
1 Replies
DELETE(7)							   SQL Commands 							 DELETE(7)

NAME
DELETE - delete rows of a table SYNOPSIS
DELETE FROM [ ONLY ] table [ WHERE condition ] INPUTS table The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing table. condition This is an SQL selection query which returns the rows which are to be deleted. Refer to the SELECT statement for further description of the WHERE clause. OUTPUTS DELETE count Message returned if items are successfully deleted. The count is the number of rows deleted. If count is 0, no rows were deleted. DESCRIPTION
DELETE removes rows which satisfy the WHERE clause from the specified table. If the condition (WHERE clause) is absent, the effect is to delete all rows in the table. The result is a valid, but empty table. Tip: TRUNCATE [truncate(7)] is a PostgreSQL extension which provides a faster mechanism to remove all rows from a table. By default DELETE will delete tuples in the table specified and all its sub-tables. If you wish to only update the specific table men- tioned, you should use the ONLY clause. You must have write access to the table in order to modify it, as well as read access to any table whose values are read in the condition. USAGE
Remove all films but musicals: DELETE FROM films WHERE kind <> 'Musical'; SELECT * FROM films; code | title | did | date_prod | kind | len -------+---------------------------+-----+------------+---------+------- UA501 | West Side Story | 105 | 1961-01-03 | Musical | 02:32 TC901 | The King and I | 109 | 1956-08-11 | Musical | 02:13 WD101 | Bed Knobs and Broomsticks | 111 | | Musical | 01:57 (3 rows) Clear the table films: DELETE FROM films; SELECT * FROM films; code | title | did | date_prod | kind | len ------+-------+-----+-----------+------+----- (0 rows) COMPATIBILITY
SQL92 SQL92 allows a positioned DELETE statement: DELETE FROM table WHERE CURRENT OF cursor where cursor identifies an open cursor. Interactive cursors in PostgreSQL are read-only. SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 DELETE(7)