Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ../ in perl and if clause
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ../ in perl and if clause Post 302773017 by panyam on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 07:09:26 AM
Old 02-27-2013
it wil just check if the file is present or not..

if it's present , print and exit with status "1".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if clause

hi, pls could you help me with one program in KSH ( i have sunOS). I need to create an If clause, that prints an error message and filenames, when in a directory are found some files of null size (find . -type f -size 0 ). thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: palmer18
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

having trouble with using if clause in AWK

The goal: I have a list of people in teams. The list looks something like this $1 = Job Position (marketing, IT, PR) $2 = Name $3 = Team Name $4 = Targeted member (somebody in field 2 targets somebody else) $5 = Employment Status (full time/part time/etc) The idea is to search through... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaestroRage
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic SQL for where clause

Hi, I have an app which user can query the database based on 4 criteria, that is Field1, Field2, Field3 and Field4 Mya I know how to write a dynamic SQL where I can choose to retrieve data based on their selected value. eg. where Field1=AAA eg. where Field1=AAA and Field2=BBB eg.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TeSP
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple conditions in 'if clause'

Hi, When i use the below code snippet in my shell script OFC_10.sh: if then echo "Success" exit 2 elif then echo "Failure" exit 6 I get the error message: ./OFC_10.sh: line 41: ' ./OFC_10.sh: line 45: ' Line 41 is the line where If loop starts and line 45 is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep the where clause of a SQL?

Hi UNIX Gurus, I want to use extract the where clause of a SQL present in a file. Please suggest me how can I do it. Select * from emp where emp_id>10; cat <file_name> | grep -i "where" returns whole SQL. how can I extract only "where emp_id>10;" Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check a variable value through if clause

Hi guys, I am trying to check the values i have for two variables. if && ; then echo "Success"; fi Now Test1 can have any Alpha Variable and Count is a integer value. Even though we have given 'and' Condition, even one condition is sucess, i am getting the Success message. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If clause in perl

HI friends , I am very new to perl .please dont mind if i ask silly questions. I seee below code in one sript if ( exists $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR} and $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR} ) { $tdir = $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR}; } whats does this mean . I am very confused about the if clauses in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for a directory with if clause?

Hello All, I want to do a conditional search for a directory, i.e pathname=/abc/def foldername=xyz if ( $pathname/$foldername/aaa ) then .................. fi Here i am searching for aaa directory inside the path and if it exist then it should go inside the loop. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If clause query

Hi, i need to add a condition in my IF clause where i need to check if the file exists in a folder and return true out of it. but in my directory i have multiple files with same name but datestamp append on it for e.g. export f1 = filename export f2=filename1 if ] then echo "No... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cshell if clause indentation

I would like to know if indentation is relevant for Cshell scripts. I wrote my code like this: if ((-e file1) && (-e file2)) then cat file1 > file10 cat file2 > file20 endifUsually I write my if clauses like this: if ((-e file1) && (-e file2)) then cat file1 > file10 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maya3
1 Replies
DFG2DFG(1)							       SPASS								DFG2DFG(1)

NAME
dfg2dfg - calculate approximations of problems SYNOPSIS
dfg2dfg [-horn] [-monadic] [-linear] [-shallow] [infile] [outfile] DESCRIPTION
dfg2dfg is a program that reads clauses from an input file in DFG syntax. It then calculates an approximation of the clause set depending on the command line options. Finally it writes the approximated clause set in DFG syntax to a file. If neither infile nor outfile are given, dfg2dfg reads from standard input and writes to standard output. If one file name is given, it reads from that file and writes the output to standard output. If more than one file name is given, dfg2dfg reads from the first file and writes to the second. The approximations are described in technical detail in the separate paper dfg2dfg.ps included in the SPASS distribution. OPTIONS
dfg2dfg has four different command line options that may be combined. -horn This option enables the transformation of non-horn clauses into horn clauses. Each non-horn clause with n positive literals is transformed into n horn clauses, where the i-th clause contains the i-th positive literal and all negative literals of the non-horn clause. See also section 3 of the paper. -monadic[=n] With this option atoms with non-monadic predicate symbols are transformed into monadic atoms. If n is omitted or n=1 a term encoding is applied, i.e., all non-monadic predicates are moved to the term level. With n=2 a projection is applied. All non-monadic atoms are replaced by their monadic argument projections. See section 4.1 section 4.2 of the paper for more details. -linear This approximation transforms a clause with monadic literals and non-linear variable occurrences in succedent atoms, into a new clause with possibly more negative literals, that doesn't contain any non-linear variables in the succedent. See section 5 of the paper for details. -shallow[=n] This transformation tries to reduce the depth of the terms in positive literals. The transformation is applied to horn clauses with monadic literals only. If n is omitted or n=1 a strict transformation is applied, that is equivalence preserving, however. For n=2 some preconditions are removed. This allows the transformation to be applied more often, but the transformation isn't equivalence preserving any more. For n=3 even more preconditions are removed. Take a look at section 6.n of the paper for the details of the command line option -monadic=n. SEE ALSO
SPASS(1) AUTHORS
Enno Keen Contact : spass@mpi-inf.mpg.de perl v5.10.0 2010-02-23 DFG2DFG(1)